Ex Tesco drivers end dispute

westham67:
the first two posts just confirms why driving for a living is getting worse, max out your hours and speed about everywhere for a pittance seems to be the accepted norm. Fairplay to them drivers for standing up the those companies.

standing up too those 2 companies :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: ,I don’t call doing agency for STOBBARDS out of Goole and delivering tesco goods standing up too them :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: .
I’d call it embarrassing too be honest after you’d vowed NEVER to work for STOBBARDS :exclamation: ,but of course they never would ,would they :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

amamdada:
Typical Tesco treating staff like dirt and going to any lengths to reduce staffs terms and conditions as well as wages.
Eddie Stobarts would appear to have hit an all time low in being complicit in this latest Tesco fiasco.
I must admit that I am revelling in the fact that Tesco’s are now struggling and would not bat an eyelid if they went under tomorrow they are nothing but a bunch of mercenary bullies,Any misfortune that befalls that company is plenty good enough for them I say.

I was talking too a tesco driver today at a collection point,he’s ■■■■■■■■ himself ,he said tesco are going too be cutting every thing they can ,wages ,jobs etc .
The bloke who loaded us then handed me my paperwork ,he then handed it too the tesco driver who said ,I’m not going yet ,I’ll be back too early :open_mouth: :unamused: :unamused: ,according too the bloke who let me out they do it every day ,said you can’t get them off the bay ,
You’d think with your job possibly at risk you’d put in a bit of effort ,try and move a few more loads ,I’ve never seen such a bone idle bunch in all my days .
And don’t get me started on them trying too hide outside shops after getting tipped :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

the maoster:

mike68:

Mike-C:

Juddian:

Contraflow:

westham67:
the first two posts just confirms why driving for a living is getting worse, max out your hours and speed about everywhere for a pittance seems to be the accepted norm.

+1

+2

+3

+4 1000% the posts seem to confirm the facts, many lorry drivers are very stupid indeed.

+5. I’m in .

+6

dozy:

amamdada:
Typical Tesco treating staff like dirt and going to any lengths to reduce staffs terms and conditions as well as wages.
Eddie Stobarts would appear to have hit an all time low in being complicit in this latest Tesco fiasco.
I must admit that I am revelling in the fact that Tesco’s are now struggling and would not bat an eyelid if they went under tomorrow they are nothing but a bunch of mercenary bullies,Any misfortune that befalls that company is plenty good enough for them I say.

I was talking too a tesco driver today at a collection point,he’s [zb] himself ,he said tesco are going too be cutting every thing they can ,wages ,jobs etc .
The bloke who loaded us then handed me my paperwork ,he then handed it too the tesco driver who said ,I’m not going yet ,I’ll be back too early :open_mouth: :unamused: :unamused: ,according too the bloke who let me out they do it every day ,said you can’t get them off the bay ,
You’d think with your job possibly at risk you’d put in a bit of effort ,try and move a few more loads ,I’ve never seen such a bone idle bunch in all my days .
And don’t get me started on them trying too hide outside shops after getting tipped :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Dozy, I don’t like to see good paying jobs go from our industry as other employers then don’t have to pay a good wage to get drivers, your post just sounds like your jealous of that other driver, we are all different most drivers go for the money, some it has to be a high spec truck and enough lights on it to make it look like a UFO, but as you started a thread where complaints about your driving where you felt 5 complaints in 12 months is ok, maybe you need to ease of the gas abit or get another job, maybe Tesco. And just to be clear I don’t work for Tesco or Stobarts.

stupid lorry drivers are the ones who are not in full time work now with a handshake from tosco’s, claiming 60 quid a week benefits, despite drivers being in huge demand?

45 finding job shows they dont want to work if you ask me, nothing against them having cushy jobs but my reference to 40mph was not about A roads its doing 40 on the M1 etc. to string jobs out.

they went on strike and now have no job is that a wise or clever move only they will know.

what about all the haulage companies who broke the picket line during the strikes while lining their pockets? do you boycott them (acutally i know one went under which was a good thing!).

yes defend your position but when every industry is scrutinised to make it as cost effective as you can then expect when you are taking the ■■■■ to be found out.

I treat any company who breaks a picket line with disgust,not the driver.he is just a bum in a seat who cant think for himself.the ones who really should get the most disgust were the agenceys who tried ti ship drivers in to cover the shifts and offerd digs.

i pulled every driver i had out once it came to light a company i was supplying drivers to was sending them to donny.

whether i agree with the strike or not i have never crossed a picket line and wouldnt want to put anyone in a position like that (having been put in that position several times by agencies myself).

westham67:
maybe you need to ease of the gas abit or get another job, maybe Tesco.

Doesn’t he already work for Tesco via Stobart?

war1974:
its the general public who want everything cheaper rather than paying for quality that mean stobrats can go in and undercut just about anyone.

When buying your car insurance do you shop around for the cheapest deal or take the dearer renewal?
Society has become such the we as consumers shop around for cheaper goods to keep the money in our pocket, business is just the same.

amamdada:

10 year ago there would be queue a mile long of drivers wanting to get on the Tesco books the job was that good a package. :wink:

nearly there:
I treat any company who breaks a picket line with disgust,not the driver.he is just a bum in a seat who cant think for himself.the ones who really should get the most disgust were the agenceys who tried ti ship drivers in to cover the shifts and offerd digs.

Any picket line? Or just a driver line?

i have a company car so insurance isnt an issue but i get your point and yes i shop around which is my point, we all want some things cheaper without losing quality (hence aldi/lidl etc goign well and tesco not so much!).

i have never crossed any picket line driver or not i dont think striking has any use personally or is any way to negotiate ( look at miners dockers firefighters Royal Mail etc. the list goes on).