New Stobby question

Silly really but are Stobarts (EDITED )? I was chatting to a few drivers in Middlewich last week who were owed several hundred pounds in wages expenses and night out money. They were not a bunch of happy bunnies. Seems it affects over a hundred drivers! Anyone any further news. Sorry, could have worded it better, it includes me.

Seeing as this is hearsay I bet you anything it gets deleted :laughing:

Newark monkeys aint happy either .

Steve-o:

Surely not. :unamused:

Although when Innovate were sliding away the silly little threats appeared from the almighty pooping incase it wasnt true. :grimacing:

After all this is a web site for drivers by drivers :smiley:

Oh sorry thats another proper site :wink:

Funny you post this as only this morning another driver said the same thing, that drivers at tesco middlewich are being paid short (allegedly).
Maybe they are trying to make even more money by not paying the drivers the correct pay.

I take it this was the post about ‘Eddie’ that was locked earlier today by ‘mrs mix’ or is it a completely different one that will disappear into cyberspace as well :wink: :wink: :laughing:

Suffolk ReeferBoy:
Newark monkeys aint happy either .

why

Steve-o:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Saw a Stobbie outfit yesterday. Written on the back was, Pay us our wages.

SWEDISH BLUE:
Saw a Stobbie outfit yesterday. Written on the back was, Pay us our wages.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Seems like theres trouble brewing for the Stobart clan. :laughing:

Well they made £24 million last year so they can’t be too hard up. Wincanton only made £50 million odd I think so Steady is catching up to the big boys. I’m amazed Winc or DHL never bought them out a year or two ago when they started getting chummy with the mighty T. I’m sure they will take more and more business off Winc and DHL.

Dart tags didn’t work last week either. For an hour or 2 anyway. Plus i’m home tonight which is highly unusual for mid-week.

Why is this thread still going there is no evidence and this sort of thing will bring the company down, loads of drivers will loose their jobs, the mods are VERY quick to jump on similar threads to this. I suppose there will be lots of muppets saying how he deserves to go down…FFS. The stobart group have done more for British haulage than all the other companies put together!

Deepinvet:
Why is this thread still going there is no evidence and this sort of thing will bring the company down, loads of drivers will loose their jobs, the mods are VERY quick to jump on similar threads to this. I suppose there will be lots of muppets saying how he deserves to go down…FFS. The stobart group have done more for British haulage than all the other companies put together!

Now it’s starting to sound like a proper stobbie thread lol

Deepinvet:

I’ll agree Stobart has done more than most for British haulage but thats still no excuse for not paying drivers which is what he OP was on about. Getting money owed off them is like pulling teeth. I was underpaid a night out last October, it was February before they finally coughed up. There’s another driver in South Wales who did an overtime shift in January and STILL hasn’t been paid for it.

It just seems that sometimes they go out of their way to ■■■■ off the very people who keep their wheels turning.

what exactly has stobart done for british haulage?
or haulage in any other country he operates in!
hes undercut and taken work off small hauliers and owner drivers.
the sooner he is gone the better.
hes now in ireland,
this saddens me,he wasnt needed there.
he is only good for shareholders,or leeches who have never driven trucks in their lives.
if he went, it would put a lot of drivers out of work
this could be a roadway to smaller operator getting back ito the race again.
like tmg and wincanton.
they are no good for the small man.
good riddance if they all hit the wall.

Steve-o:

Not by me it wont.

I’ve got many good acquaintances, who I know and trust, at a depot not previously mentioned, who also have ‘issues’ with the correct payment of wages and allowances. And in their case ‘they’ and therefore ‘I’ are of the opinion that the problems do not originate at the ‘local’ level and that they are being badly served from the ‘centre’.

I’m also led to believe that the Wages Office is effectively ‘Ex-directory’ both in the External and Internal sense in that individual employees are unable to raise such issues directly with the people responsible for rectifying them.

And I thought it was only at one depot that there were a fair number of ‘■■■■■■ off’ employees.

Obviously the problem is more general than I had perceived.

Still hearsay, but with an impeccable pedigree. :wink:

The post isn’t about the liquidity of the company and it’s continued operation (i’d buy shares in them if I had any money!) just that they aren’t very good at getting the driver’s wages correct which could be forgivable if the errors were rectified in a timely fashion but which by the sound of it they are not.

if the drivers arn’t getting paid, then why are they working?
i’d have used up the fuel card and stripped the unit for export by now.

limeyphil:
if the drivers arn’t getting paid, then why are they working?
i’d have used up the fuel card and stripped the unit for export by now.

checkmate,and it would be the first time i had to do it.

of topic for a moment.
did you ever get any futher with the fuel saver phil?