Start On Wednesday

Start my class C training on Wednesday and I am already getting excited and a little nervous. Cant wait to get back behind the wheel and get used to the truck and I haven’t drove anything since Christmas when I had to sell my car for the kids presents.

It really is a massive thing for me as since being made redundant we have really struggled and when I pass I know the chances of me walking straight into a job a very slim but at least I can stop putting my life on hold and go and get a job doing anything (hopefully driving) without the risk of losing my funding.

So if anyone knows of any companies in Birmingham that take on new class C drivers could you let me know, fingers crossed will be ready to go in a couple of weeks.

Good luck mate and keep us posted … :wink:

Yea good luck fella - where in Birmingham are you

Good luck :slight_smile:

Im in Bromford just off jct 5 M6, my problem is not having a car but I have a good family around me that will help me get to work when they can and I would walk if 'I have to. Ideally I would get a tramping job but with being a newbie I will do anything and Im not holding any hopes in finding a tramping job straight away, is there much call for class C trampers anyway.

Its almost been a year since I lost my job and I hate it, but I have been lucky with the funding so every cloud and all that. Two things I really have learnt from this is to change my attitude at work, I have a quick temper and have a tendency to argue, only if I know I am in the right but I come accross aggresive which I think is one of the reasons they got rid of me. Frustrating because if I am wrong I hold my hands up and apologise and I am a grafter the day before I got made redundant i done 18 hours up in Scotland but thats in the past, the other thing is to put some money away for a rainy day because you never know what is around the corner.

Thanks for the replies and I am going to do a diary of my training, partly so I remember every thing better and partly because Im bloody excited and more than willing to tell anyone who will listen about it (the mrs has got sick of me going on now),

You have a PM

Just remember to enjoy it cos it will soon be over and you will be working your ■■■ off :laughing: :laughing:

Cant wait mate will be more than happy to work my arse off, hows things you still enjoying it.

Thanks m4arky

good luck mate hope to see you on the road soon

Big Brummie Macca:
Cant wait mate will be more than happy to work my arse off, hows things you still enjoying it.

Thanks m4arky

Still enjoying it mate :smiley:
Always on the look out tho, my instuctor taught me being a good driver is all about good all round observation so im always looking on the job pages :laughing:

Good luck will be waiting to see those banners from R and dd keep a blog of ur training i love reading them and it will get u off the back of ur wife my hubby was same but when u pass tell her to get them yorkie bars ready :exclamation: :laughing: jx

Big Brummie Macca:
Start my class C training on Wednesday and I am already getting excited and a little nervous. Cant wait to get back behind the wheel and get used to the truck and I haven’t drove anything since Christmas when I had to sell my car for the kids presents.

It really is a massive thing for me as since being made redundant we have really struggled and when I pass I know the chances of me walking straight into a job a very slim but at least I can stop putting my life on hold and go and get a job doing anything (hopefully driving) without the risk of losing my funding.

So if anyone knows of any companies in Birmingham that take on new class C drivers could you let me know, fingers crossed will be ready to go in a couple of weeks.

Sounds like youve had abit of a [zb] time of it.
Wish you all the best for your future m8 and hope you breeze through training, i can tell that your big on family and this is 1 step closer to providing for them again. (i`ve been there myself)

Have a good one m8.

Thanks everyone I have been waiting for a phone call telling me what time to go in on Wednesday.

Yeah mate my family means everything to me, I have an amazing woman and brilliant kids. I went from earning around £1200 a month to £200 on the dole. I was going to get a job working nights but after really considering it I thought it wasn’t worth it in case I lost my funding. Times have been really hard I dont understand how some people can sit on the dole wasting their life. One thing that really got to me was the lads who aren’t mine biologically but their Dad is a ■■■■ and doesnt bother with them, anyway they were out playing with the neighbours son when they came in later I asked dylan what was wrong and the neighbours son was taking the mick saying im going swimming tomorow you could come but you cant afford it and that really got to me it wasnt the kids fault I lost my job. My old man is a driver and he has always brought me up to be the one going out to work putting the bread on the table, he worked away alot but he had to as my Mom was training to be assistant teacher. I dont expect to become a millionaire from driving trucks but I think you can still earn a good wage if you are prepared to work hard and do the hours. Anyway enough of my little sob story there are people a lot worse off than me and I have been extremly lucky in getting funding and hopefully it will lead me to doing a job that I have always wanted to do.

Thanks again for all the replies and will defiantly be doing a diary.