first job :)

hey every1 sure some of you will remeber me from my c ad c+e posts back in may and june well today i got offered a full time tramping job due to start on 8th oct.
After handing out only about 10cv’s had couple off test drives non of which turned into a job then had a interview last saturday and drive yesterday and got offered the job there and then :slight_smile:

so everyone who says its not possible to get a start then there wrong, am 24 with no other driving experience and there more than willing to take me on.
owner of the company said he likes to see that a newly passed driver had paid for the training out of his/her own pocket (which he did ask for proof) so maybe worth on your cv just put into the covering letter that you have paid for it yourself.

not stoped smiling all day since :smiley:

Well done mate :sunglasses:

Good advice on adding that info on your CV!

Well done. Who you going to be starting with?

Make sure you get the essentials for tramping to make it as comfortable as you can. It makes a lot of difference to how much you enjoy it.

Well done mate,
It gives us newbies hope!

I’m 18 and paid for my training myself aswell (only 18) passed c+e beginning of September and I’ve
Had a letter of Eddie stobarts in the Liverpool Widnes depot saying a rep will be in touch to arrange an interview/assessment drive :slight_smile:

Can’t wait!!

Congratulations really pleased for you
enjoy,
mabe a little diary of your first day/week ? :bulb:

its with pawsons at rotherham, money isent amazin but hes first person to actualy risk 1 of his trucks with me so i dont mind and he says every 6month he will do a review and up wage if i havent bent anything and hes only goin to start me on 2nights a week out and build me up over a month or so which carnt say fairer than that :slight_smile:

what sort of things would you say id need to start with? kinda got idea with the basic gear id need but any other help would be great :slight_smile:

am taking ipad with me so il def do a dairy as am goin along since it was you guys who helped with tips on tests :slight_smile:

There are a few threads on here about what is needed for tramping.

With only 2 nights max a week you will not be so reliant on away from home comforts as a full time tramper.

As you say, you don’t mind taking the drop in wage as a first step up the ladder. Just make sure you are treated right. I was the same and very grateful of the chance to prove myself.

Well done and best of luck.

thats where got a list of stuf id need off another post lol

its the owner richard pawson that i had the interview with and hes a realy friendly down to earth bloke so seems or8, met couple other drivers who had bit of a dig at me been young but sed if ever needed any help to just ask and they wudent laugh too much if was a daft question lol

Everyone got to start at the bottom wage wise so has to be expected doesent it, just carnt wait for these 2weeks to go fast so i can start :slight_smile: