Newbie from Stourbridge (midlands)

Hiya guys.

A long time gone but and update. I passed my class 2 first time and have completed all modules and have my CPC card.

I’m currently doing van work for a car parts place which enjoyable but doesn’t really bring allot of cash home.

I’m now starting a job hunt for something a bit more well paid and so I can use my new skills.

Where is the best place to start looking for work. I did try agency work which found me my current job however I’m reluctant to give up my current job to go back to agency work.

Hope you guys are all well :slight_smile:

Hi,

I’ve been browsing the forum for a short while and thought I’d join in the fun. :smiley:

I’m 27 and kind of got lost in working in retail for the past 10 years, driving is something I’ve always wanted to do and come from a family of drivers. So, it’s time to bite the bullet and go for it.

I’m currently going for my cat C licence. Medical and theory’s have been completed. Glad I put the effort in revising for this one though. My car test I didn’t do much revision. Luckily though this time 1st time pass.

Hopefully I’ll start training within the next couple of weeks, just waiting for a date.

I think my plan is to do C class diving for a while then stepping up to C+E. Although they do look a bit daunting.

I’m also looking to get a bit of experience on the road work wise but to no avail :frowning: multi drop van work ect.

Anyhow I’ll keep this thread updated with progress as I want to keep my self pro active and you also look like a friendly bunch.

Regards

Ben :slight_smile:

Goodluck with all your training mate. C+E is not that daunting either once you get into the swing :slight_smile: Let us know how you get on with your cat C training. Listen to everything your instructor tells you and everthing should go fine.

thanks for that.

I’ll let you know.

Some great advice on here. Going in it with confidence.

Welcome to the mad house

Have you decided who you are going to be doing your training with :question:

As you say you come from a family of drivers have they give you any tips / leads for work after you have passed :question:

Why not go straight for your CE :question: after C as you will still be in learning mode

As you properly know it is hard finding a job atm but dont fall for the promise that the agencies give you

Good luck with it

Welcome we are a friendly bunch so dont be afraid to ask any questions :wink: even us newbies can offer some advice sometimes :wink:

all the best with your quest

jen x

animal:
Welcome to the mad house

Have you decided who you are going to be doing your training with :question:

As you say you come from a family of drivers have they give you any tips / leads for work after you have passed :question:

Why not go straight for your CE :question: after C as you will still be in learning mode

As you properly know it is hard finding a job atm but dont fall for the promise that the agencies give you

Good luck with it

My dad is actually a manager of a training company based in near Dudley so have a real good head start, (and a bit of a discount I hope haha).

I sat in one of my dads class 1 trucks last week and its huge, I can’t imagine driving it. Although didn’t look as hard.

I also sat in the truck I’ll be learning it and quite happy with it, not sure of the model but it was quite small, hopefully I’ll fine with it.

I did join driver line last week however they basically said there is no work for me. But we’ll see.

artynoble:
thanks for that.

I’ll let you know.

if you fail try again i am currently have got hgv 1 licence for well over 20 yrs i have seen europa and it was good i will be leaving my employers and starting a new job as a transport mgr as i have cpc internation certs i will be leaving my preasent job on 28th of this mth and having 8 days off and in my job on the 6th of april thanks tata

spanishvan:

artynoble:
thanks for that.

I’ll let you know.

if you fail try again i am currently have got hgv 1 licence for well over 20 yrs i have seen europa and it was good i will be leaving my employers and starting a new job as a transport mgr as i have cpc internation certs i will be leaving my preasent job on 28th of this mth and having 8 days off and in my job on the 6th of april thanks tata

good luck with that matey, hope all goes well.