Speeding

Following on from the recent news announcement that a traffic cop was let off when he was summoned to court by his own colleagues, for speeding at speeds in excess of 159mph has outraged all the road safety organisations.
It seems that the judge said that he needed to exceed the limits in order to carry out his duties, and get familiar with the new vehicle he had just acquired.
So in that case it seems that a mechanic road testing a trailer or tractor unit and breaking the rules is not in breach of the road traffic regulations, and therefore immune from prosecution.
As is the HGV driver who is familiarising him.herself with a newly aquired vehicle.
Makes ya laugh doesnt it…and stinks of one rule for them and another for us, but it would be fair to present this case in a court of law if faced with a similar
situation.
It would also be nice to know the outcome.

It looks like the ambulance service is on the bandwagon. This afternoon in Coventry I stopped at a red light (as you do) and an ambulance stopped next to me for about 5 seconds then went off. Totally ignored the red light, and it was at least another minute beofre the ligths changed. Perhaps he was just having a practice. He did not have his lights or sirens going. :exclamation: :exclamation:

truckyboy:
Following on from the recent news announcement that a traffic cop was let off when he was summoned to court by his own colleagues, for speeding at speeds in excess of 159mph has outraged all the road safety organisations.
It seems that the judge said that he needed to exceed the limits in order to carry out his duties, and get familiar with the new vehicle he had just acquired.
So in that case it seems that a mechanic road testing a trailer or tractor unit and breaking the rules is not in breach of the road traffic regulations, and therefore immune from prosecution.
As is the HGV driver who is familiarising him.herself with a newly aquired vehicle.
Makes ya laugh doesnt it…and stinks of one rule for them and another for us, but it would be fair to present this case in a court of law if faced with a similar
situation.
It would also be nice to know the outcome.

‘Laugh’ wasn’t the word in my mind Bob.

My opinions of the police are well known so I won’t bore you with another rant …

Rob K:
‘Laugh’ wasn’t the word in my mind Bob.

My opinions of the police are well known so I won’t bore you with another rant …

My sentiments exactly, and my rants can be found in other posts relating to this subject :imp: :imp:

Rolls eyes Ive said it before, & I’ll say it again…'Tis one law for the police, & another law for us lesser mortals. :imp:
T.■■

Magic Mel:
It looks like the ambulance service is on the bandwagon. This afternoon in Coventry I stopped at a red light (as you do) and an ambulance stopped next to me for about 5 seconds then went off. Totally ignored the red light, and it was at least another minute beofre the ligths changed. Perhaps he was just having a practice. He did not have his lights or sirens going. :exclamation: :exclamation:

Looks like they’ve started a trend countrywide now. I was doing a delivery in Knightsbridge on Friday and even the cyclists are ignoring the red lights!!!
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :smiley: