That i do accept

uk.news.yahoo.com/police-condemn … 19243.html

but not giving a Commercial driver points for once doing in a while a few Miles 2 much,or any other small mistakes

Lovlyperson:
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/police-condemn-147mph-jaguar-driver-191519243.html

but not giving a Commercial driver points for once doing in a while a few Miles 2 much,or any other small mistakes

Have you tried NOT using Google Translate Lovlyperson?

If you actually tried writing what you think is correct English, it might actually turn out closer to something everyone could understand!

Think op is saying he can understand police condemning this driving/speeding, but does’t understand a HGV driver getting done for doing 46 mph on a s/c, and the likes.

If that had been on a motorbike he would have got 6 months chokey as well as having to retake an extended driving test, should consider himself lucky.

And yes I do ride a bike.

I don’t have a problem with getting caught, you takes yer chances but I do have a problem with 2 sets of laws.

But its a difference if you do twice the Legal Speed Limit or if Needle goes Hill-down for a minute over it.

Lovlyperson:
But its a difference if you do twice the Legal Speed Limit or if Needle goes Hill-down for a minute over it.

Yes, you’re right there… but then drivers are deemed to be “professionals” and as such, should be even more aware of the speed they drive at.

What bugs me is that despite probably driving an average of ten times to distance a normal car driver does per year, we are given no additional points allowance…

(See Lovly, you’re easier to understand when you avoid Google - even though I know it’s more work!)

Ive just been had for doing 46 on a s/c. All lorries in the uk were limited to 20mph until the early 1950s when it was increased to 30mph. In 1958 it was upped again to what we have now…40mph.
This was a time when trucks were still fairly primitive with regard to brakes, steering ect, and before the MOT test came about in 1960.
The laws the law of course. But this ones really outdated. A modern truck surely cant be optimised at 40mph. The one I was in couldnt really pull top gear at that speed when loaded.
Anyway, sorry to all who get stuck behind me now because its 40!
Also the comments about the bikers are true. Its jail for a biker doing daft speeds, but a fine for a driver of a flashy car who can afford to pay anyway.

pah 147. I once saw 174mph on a gsxr 750 in my silly days :smiley:

cheekymonkey:
I`ve just been had for doing 46 on a s/c.

What was it, a van?? or handheld lazer job??

cheekymonkey:
I. A modern truck surely cant be optimised at 40mph. The one I was in couldn`t really pull top gear at that speed when loaded.

Then use the corect gear for the speed :unamused: top aint allways best, and is designed for higher cruising speeds than 40.

Though all your other comments are bang on. :wink:

eddie snax:

cheekymonkey:
I. A modern truck surely cant be optimised at 40mph. The one I was in couldn`t really pull top gear at that speed when loaded.

Then use the corect gear for the speed :unamused: top aint allways best, and is designed for higher cruising speeds than 40.

Though all your other comments are bang on. :wink:

Trouble is, with automatics theyre changing up and down all the bloomin time and not happy at all at 40. A touch more and they stay in top for longer.

(I was done with a grey transit hidden in a layby)