Company speed infringement policy

Was on the phone last night talking to a mate in the UK i havent seen for a while and we got on the subject of limiters and speed infringements. He works for a company with six trucks doing UK work mainly with the odd European trip thrown in, limiters are set legal to 90kph but his boss has no problems with speed infringements downhill siting more fuel harder on the brakes ect. as there are no fines in force with DVSA he lets his drivers get on with it.
Out of interest, of those employed drivers, whats your co. rules like regarding speed infringements?

Were im working the now anything above 70mph and you get a stearn talking to.But other than that just go get your work done and stay above 7.5mpg.

As long as you don’t rip the arse out of it, we don’t get bothered about overspeeds from anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

damoq:
As long as you don’t rip the arse out of it, we don’t get bothered about overspeeds from anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same with our lot but I won’t go over 60 anyway.

As long as you don’t kick the arse out of it they aren’t to bothered but if you get too many infringements they might have a word.

At our place it’s a disciplinary for even 91 kph they’ve come down really bad on it just recently. They’ve sacked a lad for hitting 74mph. But with our workload there is no need to bother racing around.

I’m restricted to 52…The first chance I get to "play at doing my job correctly I let her go to 94km

My microlise figures recently were straight A’s across the board barring a big red G at the end for overspeeding which I do when going downhill ( all the way up to 60 mph) cos it’s not using any squirt so it’s more environmentally friendly and uses less fuel. My fuel consumption is 11.5 mpg, the best in the fleet. No=one from management has said a word. Just a big red G from microlise you ■■■■■■■■■■■■■! :slight_smile:

TiredAndEmotional:
My microlise figures recently were straight A’s across the board barring a big red G at the end for overspeeding which I do when going downhill ( all the way up to 60 mph) cos it’s not using any squirt so it’s more environmentally friendly and uses less fuel. My fuel consumption is 11.5 mpg, the best in the fleet. No=one from management has said a word. Just a big red G from microlise you piece of [zb]! :slight_smile:

Strange policy some companies have isnt it. As you say, its more environmentally friendly by using less fuel and also easier on the brakes yet some places go really strict on it…

I do not see how they can give anything for simply going over the limiter but can see the obvious disciplinary for going over the UK speed limits

ROG:
I do not see how they can give anything for simply going over the limiter but can see the obvious disciplinary for going over the UK speed limits

I agree. But it seems that companies can make up their own policies and drivers have to abide by it or risk their job. Surely if the driver wasn’t breaking any laws there no problem?

Sign your speed infringements as…Sir Isaac Newton :laughing:

See if they say anything :laughing:

ROG:

Thats the thing, theres nothing in the tacho laws re being fined for going over the limiter and as for going over the actual speed limit for the road that should imo involve only the driver as it is across the board with any other vehicle…

We get spoken to if we get more than a couple of overspeeds per quarter, i’ve set my overspeed warning for 92 Ks, can hold it on the exhauster alone on the vast majority of hills.
No rushing wanted so really we have no excuse.

Nothing said from management,but we have a bonus system based on “safe and efficient driving”
Paid to the top 4 drivers.
A couple of over speeds per month will see you out of the money.