somerfield

anyone got any info on them as an employer?

they reckon the wage is an average of 24k but i would like to know what that is based on :confused:

Not looking for a permenant position are you Richieâ– â– ?

Thought you were agency all the way!

i worked for them up untill 5 years ago at huntingdon. back then banging in all the overtime i could i still never earned 24k.
basic then was about 18 k plus overtime.
i left cause the pay rise was a joke.

i dont know exactly what the wages are now but i know plenty of people who have left (especially since wincanton took over from exel) and they all said it was the money, a lot went to tescos in peterborough and they pay around 26 to 27 k. days and 28 k nights. so i would guess its less than this.

Brownie71:
Not looking for a permenant position are you Richieâ– â– ?

Thought you were agency all the way!

only because no one has made an acceptable offer yet :wink: :laughing:

i have been looking for a while but the offers i have had are less than 20k. for class 1? i dont think so

How bizarre. :open_mouth:

I worked at Sherbrun until about 5 years ago,and had to stop doing overtime,as I was getting near the supertax bracket,as it was set at then!!!

Overtime was in plentiful supply,before that,and if i did less than 60 hours a week,through choice,I was a pauper.

Can’t say what it’s like now that it’s run by Wincanton,but I seem to recall that there wasn’t a great deal of difference between the both companies at the time,but I’m guessing now it’s a sole operation,Wincanton have screwed the wages down.

Ken.

In Lea Green (St Helens). Its £10.38 an hour with a few shift allowances of a quid an hour or so.
Shifts are 11.5 hrs 4 on 4 off (they are trying to change this).
10 hrs 4 out of 7.
9 hrs mon - fri (i think)
Plenty of overtime available and staff drivers are treated pretty well. Only thing is that sometimes the managers can get a bit crazy when they are under pressure.

LASHHGV:
In Lea Green (St Helens). Its £10.38 an hour with a few shift allowances of a quid an hour or so.
Shifts are 11.5 hrs 4 on 4 off (they are trying to change this).
10 hrs 4 out of 7.
9 hrs mon - fri (i think)
Plenty of overtime available and staff drivers are treated pretty well. Only thing is that sometimes the managers can get a bit crazy when they are under pressure.

I seen Wincanton advertising in the local rag a few weeks back to work on the Summerfield contract at St Helens.

got application form and asked drivers didnt bother filling form out £8.90 all hours NO OVERTIME RATE £10 for sundays done 3 months agencey years ago take more more than that to get me intrested as 45 hours seems to be the max allowed

dont forget with the big boys the company pension is on top of wages…
you wont see agency drivers with company pension

hitch:
dont forget with the big boys the company pension is on top of wages…
you wont see agency drivers with company pension

i wouldnt want one. i would rather take a higher hourly rate than a company pension. it is of no use to me :confused:

Hi there scanny i have had a post up about this for a day now.
I have had a job offer of them working out of rosendale/ bury
going to scotland 5 days a week
£8hr after 6 hr it goes to £10hr they say its 11hr days
They want 5 drivers to start a week monday.

Am just thinking through my options as i would have to find some were to live. around there. :unamused:

that sounds ok Slimjim. the guy keeps on at me to get in for an interview. the only problem at the moment is the fact i need a P60 to prove my right to work in the uk

my problem now is the fact that i have just realised its july. nice and busy. i have hit 60 hours this week so the money will be rolling in for the next 6 weeks or so. i might put off lookng for a job til the end of august. shop work isnt my first choice anyway. i would rather be running to RDCs which means malcolms or scottish brewers (presumably) so i need to look into them rather than waste anyones time. i dont like wasting peoples time