Wincanton, pay, conditions etc

As title, are wincanton good payers in comparison? I have a chance to jump ship to them but after info first

What area/depot. They have various contracts and indeed wide ranges of pay.

Noticed wincanton advertising for drivers at there Wigan dc which used to be a good job what you need to be wary of is if it is for a regional transport position you are expected to work out of any wincanton depot in the northwest eg based at Wigan but working out of somewhere like middlewich or Rochdale and expected to make your own way there.
The money is a lot less than the drivers you are working alongside who are based permanently on said contracts. Sort of an internal agency with permanent staff if you like.

Wincanton Middlewich £10 per hour frist 40 on days time1/2 after more for pm and more again for nights
24 days holidays frist year . Bank Hoils your choice of single time 2 days in loo, double time one day in loo, or triple time no day in loo. Meal allowance £2.50 aday Night out if you do any most don’t £25 all parking payed
Sick pay
Pension
Share scheme
Think that’s about it
Taking on now
Forgot to add guaranteed 48 hours a week 40 at time plus 8 @ time1/2

There’s none better but the support staff think they are executive horseshovel layers .ignore them its fine

There was a support staff .stroke executive at maltby who was capable and competent. The only time in 26 years that’s been the case he left for somerfield and he was good at his job .I’ll never forget him .a helpful office boy .never seen one since

My info from working for them is…

Middlewich: things must have changed from a few years ago according to previous post, the last pay offer they had posted on the drivers board a few years ago was a basic of just under 32k, overtime ran up to about £19.50 per hour if I remember and the overtime was paid on a banked system. All clean work and no grief from office.

Heinz: good clean work, long hours if you want with nights out but all DC work with some back loads either back to Heinz or over to Lea Green CO-OP contract. Ignore 80% of office as they have no idea.

Wavin: nights out of Widnes, strictly drop and swap with no more than 10 or so hours due to units needed for various timed starts on days. No issues with office at all, really top bloke in the office called tony if I remember right? Trunking to Bellshill or Chippenham or short runs to Doncaster and Sheffield?

The comments about drivers being open to working from depot to depot, that’s the general haulage contract, it used to be “One Fleet”. They do not run on the Rochdale Asda contract to my knowledge, maybe that’s changed? Plus they now get mileage for travel, not sure what the minimum distance is, but they do get help.
They are paid very well contrary to above posts, not quite on parity due to big differences on the contracts they cover but all the same I know lads on nights who clear 31K, that’s on a 45hr no nights out basis.
General Haulage also cover the Adidas container contract in Trafford, and if on days the Lea Green Co-op contract.

Good company all in all, usual over the top health and safety gubbins but if you keep your head down and ignore the company bell ends then no worries. As usual with a big operator you will get stories of poor pay, that’s contract based, not company policy from my experience unlike others who will screw all in order to grab any contract they can and balance the losses against the good just to keep control…s…t…o…b…etc

Charge a taxi .then the managers .muppets won’t take the pish .e en good operators have dead weight .ask for a company car as yours isn’t insured for business mileage

To get a company car you’ll need a tie and inability to use a can opener .maybe a degree in horse doo and a two foot evangelical tongue