Wincanton pay

I’ve seen wincanton are advertising for drivers at Heywood for the Argos contract. Annoyingly, as usual they don’t say what the pay is (why do companies insist on doing this?)

Anyone know what they pay per hour for days and nights?

Phone up and ask under an Alias. If you like apply, if not give them a miss. Job done :wink:

It was a long time ago, but I once rang them up for a job, but on learning the pay rate, declined to go further. Ive also subbed for them odd times, not a happy experience.

It’s a fairly old contract so shouldn’t be terrible like Asda Rochdale, but I did 3 months for Wincanton on that short lived Morrisons contract and thought they were a bloody nightmare to be honest. H&S and procedure mad, bored by KPI debriefs every shift ("you had the engine idling for 15 minutes today, care to explain? :unamused: ") terrible shift patterns & poor pay. Didn’t enjoy it one bit.

I work for Wincanton in Gloucester. Banked hours system. Ordinary basic wage is boosted with meal allowance, shift pay, good overtime rates etc.

Having spent last 13 years with DHL it’s quite a nice change as far more relaxed and hardly any bits of paper to sign and tick