Sainsburys Sherburn-in-Elmet-Wincanton

Went for interveiw today booked in for 11am got there 10 30 am left 13.45 pm aparently i have been successful,
You get to do a long test drive through tadcaster town centre nice and tight :open_mouth: the unit is a merc straight 4 over 4 Z box easy :smiley: then back to reverse onto loading bay easy :smiley: Then into office multi choice Q& A easy

Wages £11p/h 8hr shift c+e £522 BASIC
time and half there after ect
Some nights out if yiou want em ( YES PLEASE ) £20 :smiley:
Could be a good little number :smiley: :smiley:

Nice one. Hope you enjoy it, good luck :smiley:

What was the shift pattern? And did you have a medical? One of my freinds from over there is due to go for an interview soon i think.

Stevewoods:
What was the shift pattern? And did you have a medical? One of my freinds from over there is due to go for an interview soon i think.

No medical as of yet.
47.5 hrs over 5 days £ 11 basic

gumbo666:

Stevewoods:

No medical as of yet.
47.5 hrs over 5 days £ 11 basic

Any 5 from 7 working days, 3 weekends off in 8, its a good and easy job but you earn your money by the amount of weekends you put in.
I’d reccomend if you dont mind the weekends

Heineken Drinker:
I’d reccomend if you dont mind the weekends

Or a rota that changes more often than you change your socks :open_mouth:

gumbo666:

Errr £11ph for your 190 hours…overtime not payable till you hit that

9.5hr shift

banked hours system

No nights out…thats just a general wincanton contract thing,

There is another 1.50 on top for “unsocial hours”

Bones:

gumbo666:

Errr £11ph for your 190 hours…overtime not payable till you hit that

9.5hr shift

banked hours system

No nights out…thats just a general wincanton contract thing,

There is another 1.50 on top for “unsocial hours”

I agree with the rota change quip ‘College’ :laughing: Its tough to get up on your banked hours thats a fact,but not impossible I may even earn a bit of overtime this month if I can avoid a week of 6,7,8 or 9 hour shift (You watch me :smiling_imp: ) I find the best way for o/t is by doing a 6th shift, I may as well as my days off are midweek and I’d only be spending the day alone as everyone is at work or school :frowning:

Agreed :laughing:

Bones:
Agreed :laughing:

You cant sniff at a 12 hour shift @ £16.50 on a wednesday eh! :sunglasses:

The agency that was regularly supplying drivers to sainsburys near the stockyard before it moved up to Sherburn, recently offered me £12 + p/hr days (O/T after 8hrs) to travel up to sherburn, seems they still have their foot in the sainsburys door

Glad to hear your assessment went well I went for an interview/driving assessment with Wincantons for Sainsbury’s at Swan Valley Northampton on fri 26th Sept had my theory test and interview went well driving out for a good hour mixture of a roads,country roads and motorway it was a Merc auto nice came back and reversed on the bay passed ok was told the next step is a medical and her eis is the problem am still waiting was sent a double questionaire ,one about my general health and the other about my sleep pattern apparantly at this site a medical is part of there process before they offer you the job so lets hope I hear back soon…regarding there shift pattern I was told it’s 5 out of 7 and for every 7 weeks worked you’ll have to do 5 weekends mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm money is good and the job looks easy as northampton is meant to be the greenest distribution centre in the UK and they only deliver in a 2hr 30min radius from the site looks good.

Northamptonguy341:
they only deliver in a 2hr 30min radius from the site looks good.

Does that mean you`ll be doing 2 trips per day.
Yard - Store - Yard
Yard - Store - Yard

peirre:
The agency that was regularly supplying drivers to sainsburys near the stockyard before it moved up to Sherburn, recently offered me £12 + p/hr days (O/T after 8hrs) to travel up to sherburn, seems they still have their foot in the sainsburys door

Transline are the only agency operating in the sherburn RDC so I believe, my mate works for them and they pay £10-75 flat rate all the way through

Heineken Drinker:

peirre:

Transline are the only agency operating in the sherburn RDC so I believe, my mate works for them and they pay £10-75 flat rate all the way through

I discovered on saturday that transline are subbing out their work to other agencies as they are struggling with their own drivers to meet demand,.
I dare say in a few week they’ll not have any futher problems of that note :laughing:
Its a dog eat dog ole world we live in.