Some Ops License advice needed!

First of all hello to everyone over here on the trucknet forums…As this is my cherry pop post!!

Secondly im a partner in a small transport company, and at the moment we are just running 3 LWB Sprinter vans for one permanent client in the west mids, which has handled all of there daily transport needs…up untill now!!

They have recently won a new contract and will need the use of a 7.5T and an 18T on random days maybe 2-3 times a week depending on orders, and without us holding an operators license causes us a problem. I myself have a class 2 license but still cannot rent either lorry without holding the ops license.

The only option we can currently come up with is to gather a list of owner drivers(which is proving more difficult than we first thought) and sub contract the larger runs out but thats not always going to be 100% reliable, especially on short notice. Then theres the network …but who wants to pay those kinds of prices right !?

So im just wandering if anybody may have any ideas or if there is something we might have missed to get around this.

kind regards

TRACE.

Take your CPC and get your own operators license, or employ a part-time CPC holder to obtain a license and keep you legal.

Thanks for the reply Dave!!

How does employing a part-time CPC holder work? You mean employ a driver that has a CPC which we can then use to hire the vehicles needed?

We are working on taking the CPC in the coming months but it just isnt happening fast enough for us!

TRACE:
Thanks for the reply Dave!!

How does employing a part-time CPC holder work? You mean employ a driver that has a CPC which we can then use to hire the vehicles needed?

We are working on taking the CPC in the coming months but it just isnt happening fast enough for us!

You could advertise for a part-time CPC holder, who then becomes your transport manager. A driver with his own vehicle, will already have an operators license. You only need a CPC or a person who has one if you operate your own vehicles, wether owned or hired, to obtain your operators license.

vosa.gov.uk/vosacorp/reposit … =49c08e5b6

You need an ops licence to run your own vehicles above 3.5t. I would use a pallet network till you have your own ops licence. You can nominate a part time transport manager who has a cpc on the ops app. but best to get your own.