Looking for a part time CPC Holder Kent, East Sussex

We are looking to upgrade our O’licence from Restricted to International, so we need an International CPC holder.
We have a licence for 5 trucks and trailers and run 2 artics and one rigid, with the possibility of adding one more next year and maybe a van and trailer.

PM me if you are interested.

Cheers David

I’ll wish you luck, but would you not be better off obtaining a CPC yourself?

Somebody posted recently that they were up before the local TC on a “good repute” charge. Happily he kept his repute but the TC told him that at £150 per month to act on a one-vehicle licence, he either wasn’t devoting sufficient time to his duties, or he was paying himself less than the NMW, and the OP therefore raised his fee to £230 a month. For a five vehicle licence the TC would be looking at the TM devoting considerably more time than this, and as you could get a CPC yourself for around £1,200, that might be a better route to take. :question:

I did read that post, and it is a fair point Harry.

I’ve already spoken to VOSA about the hours required by a CPC holder in our situation and although they wouldn’t commit themselves to a figure they said that it a guideline. We run very low mileage, all three trucks together last year did no more than 70,000kms and we’re on 12 week inspections.
I would like to do my CPC but the first available date is November and I rather do a course than home study. However we really need to get the ball rolling on this, as I’ve been let down by somebody who was going to do it for us. I also would like an outside person with the experience and authority to make sure it’s all up a running ok.
We’re not going into General Haulage, but we’ve started a new operation and it means we won’t only be carrying our goods.

P.S. I’ve been following your journey to becoming and Owner driver, Good Luck I hope it goes well. :smiley:

TCs are being a real pain about TMs at the moment. As you know I’ve just put a truck on the road, but I have a licence for three vehicles and three trailers. The TC obviously realised that I was going to start out as an owner-driver but made me write an explanation of how I was going to drive a vehicle myself and also have the time to act as the transport manager for three vehicles within the Working Time Directive.

My explanation was that I only intended to operate one vehicle and if I ever expanded to three vehicles, that I would come off of the road and manage the company on a full-time basis, with employees driving all three trucks, and this was accepted.

In times past, I would have offered to help you with this myself, but I think that at the present time I would just be putting my neck into the guillotine. :smiley:

Harry Monk:
TCs are being a real pain about TMs at the moment. As you know I’ve just put a truck on the road, but I have a licence for three vehicles and three trailers. The TC obviously realised that I was going to start out as an owner-driver but made me write an explanation of how I was going to drive a vehicle myself and also have the time to act as the transport manager for three vehicles within the Working Time Directive.

My explanation was that I only intended to operate one vehicle and if I ever expanded to three vehicles, that I would come off of the road and manage the company on a full-time basis, with employees driving all three trucks, and this was accepted.

In times past, I would have offered to help you with this myself, but I think that at the present time I would just be putting my neck into the guillotine. :smiley:

If as another poster said on the forum this week that a TC had told him that 8 hrs a week was a minimum amount of time a TM should spend on a one truck outfit, please Harry can you give a little incite into what they should do during this time because i struggle to understand the allocation of this time.

I have no idea either.

It takes me about an hour on a Friday evening to do my invoicing, once a month I download my digicard and VU and it takes me about an hour to analyse that, I keep abreast of new rules by reading CM when my tacho is set to “other work” when being tipped somewhere, if I need to make phone calls to arrange maintenance etc then I do that using a hands-free kit when I am driving on quiet roads and can remain in full control of the vehicle, I have no idea how I could spent eight hours a week managing what I do. :wink: