Some dickheads at services

Pulled up at services mid week sitting there on break and some guy comes to my cab claiming I had hit his mirror(pushed forward). Like I said to him I reversed in so it would have been pushed back against driver window not forward! Our trucks have cameras as soon as I pointed this out he jumped in his ■■■■■■ horse box with his misses and ■■■■■■ off. Reckons no one was parked there when he went in services.Seems to be some ■■■■■■ has been shunting to park next to this guy and clipped his horse box and shot off sharpish!

How commom is this ? Getting bumped in services that is. I have probably stopped in services 20 times in last couple of months and once someone has nearly reversed into the cab attempting (in my opinion) an impossible manouvere, and only did not do any damage because I was sat in it and hammered the horn. A second time the artic parked next to me caught my mirror with the tail end of the trailer as pulling out, pulled it forward, no damage but very close to ripping mirror off / taking corner of cab off.
You guys that stop in them regular, every day perhaps, how often do you com back from the shop / toilets / shower and find your mirror wiped off, trailer scraped ?
I now try and take a bit more care who I park next to but that’s not so easy when the place is rammed.
I am not sure whether I will regret putting this last line of information in but both culprits were EE LHD…

Woke up to this one morning back in 2015 in Medway services
Never heard a thing :open_mouth:

I was having a kip in Stafford services on the M6 a couple of months ago and was woken by the truck moving slightly back and forth. Got out to have a look and a Romanian truck pulling an almost identical Schmitz box trailer like mine had backed onto me so perfectly that the rubber blocks on the back of my trailer had met with his, no damage done but he explained in that special way that there was nothing wrong and just laughed and climbed back in his vehicle :slight_smile:

manski:
How commom is this ? Getting bumped in services that is. I have probably stopped in services 20 times in last couple of months and once someone has nearly reversed into the cab attempting (in my opinion) an impossible manouvere, and only did not do any damage because I was sat in it and hammered the horn. A second time the artic parked next to me caught my mirror with the tail end of the trailer as pulling out, pulled it forward, no damage but very close to ripping mirror off / taking corner of cab off.
You guys that stop in them regular, every day perhaps, how often do you com back from the shop / toilets / shower and find your mirror wiped off, trailer scraped ?
I now try and take a bit more care who I park next to but that’s not so easy when the place is rammed.
I am not sure whether I will regret putting this last line of information in but both culprits were EE LHD…

So someone NEARLY reversed into you, whilst you “hammered the horn”
Bring back Dipper dave.

Suedehead:

manski:

So someone NEARLY reversed into you, whilst you “hammered the horn”
Bring back Dipper dave.

O how we miss his inuendo, and double entendre…

Where is Dipper Dave ? Where is Rob K and his say it as it is posts ? We know where Limey Phil is .