Info needed at stafford services today

Today at stafford services northbound some nice chap decided to wipe the side of my cab out and drive off. The only info i have is it happened between 13.20 / 13.30, Rang stafford services they dont have any cameras in the area, :unamused: damage done is passenger door done in , inside step arch smashed light cowl, about a grands worth of damage. Any info greatly recieved if you should hear out.
thanks

Filthy Sons of Dogs fancy doing one the poxy weasel…

To be fair, the driver may not have known at the time that he has hit your truck.

The damage you describe sounds suspiciously like it could be caused by the tail-swing of the trailer as the offending driver has turned out of his parking space. In that situation you are unlikely to feel anything, a natural consequence of the laws of physics.

Obviously the driver is still to blame as common sense dictates that you keep an eye on where the rear of the trailer is going when manouvering, but he may not have been aware that a collision had occured, and indeed there may not have been any noticeable damage on the rear of his trailer.

You know when you hit a parked motor, trailer swing or not…

Have they got cameras on the exit? I know some services have them and they log every vehicle in and out in order to charge for parking.

Aparently not, they come up with you park at your own risk , Which isnt what i asked them :unamused:

You lost any revenue through it Chap or more a huge inconvienienceâ– â– ?

fly sheet:
You know when you hit a parked motor, trailer swing or not…

+1

fly sheet:
You lost any revenue through it Chap or more a huge inconvienienceâ– â– ?

Got it back and managed to get it tipped, Subbed out tomorrows work so not really lost that one, but i will be in the workshop tomorrow panels off new ones back on and painted ready for friday, Got to keep your chin up i suppose.

Eye Chap worse things happen at sea, best I not say that really at the moment :blush:

Had this happen to one of mine at wilkinsons magor a few years back had 3 witness say it was hit by a certain haulier from melton mowbray phoned the gob â– â– â– â– â–  said i had a wagon there and a subby in with my my trailer how you goin to prove who it was sure my day will come with him know how you feeling it a dirty trick :imp:

I remember seeing a White Rose Driver pull out of the services with a full shoot of steel on an extender, He forgot what was behind Him & creamed a blokes FH & just drove off, lucky it was in the days of writing your number in the book so once the FH driver got out His passenger door He still got the ■■■■■ number from the cafe…

Gogan:
To be fair, the driver may not have known at the time that he has hit your truck.

The damage you describe sounds suspiciously like it could be caused by the tail-swing of the trailer as the offending driver has turned out of his parking space. In that situation you are unlikely to feel anything, a natural consequence of the laws of physics.

Obviously the driver is still to blame as common sense dictates that you keep an eye on where the rear of the trailer is going when manouvering, but he may not have been aware that a collision had occured, and indeed there may not have been any noticeable damage on the rear of his trailer.

Hang on, you have just spent two days telling another driver how bad he was for not checking his kerb mirror and clipping a car who was driving on the grass / footpath. You questioned his driving skills and his failure to look in the mirror, yet this bloke may have just become a consequence of the laws of physics :confused: :laughing:

Were you in Stafford services sir?

fly sheet:
Eye Chap worse things happen at sea, best I not say that really at the moment :blush:

Apparently the Italian captain tripped and fell into a lifeboat.

Wheel Nut:
Hang on, you have just spent two days telling another driver how bad he was for not checking his kerb mirror and clipping a car who was driving on the grass / footpath. You questioned his driving skills and his failure to look in the mirror, yet this bloke may have just become a consequence of the laws of physics

Nice try old man, not only are you factually incorrect on nearly every count (e.g. two days, kerb mirror etc), but if you had bothered to get as far as the next sentence you would see that I still comment that the driver in question should have known what he was doing, and that it is his fault. Perhaps you should lay-off the anti-depressants for a few days, get a dose of reality to keep you on the straight and narrow? :wink:

Wheel Nut:
Were you in Stafford services sir?Were you in Stafford services sir?

Maybe I was, care to elaborate?