Bugger just hit another vehicle!

Hi all was driving for agency yesterday,done runs up to carlisle,bellingham,haltwhistle etc etc and had to go down the smallest streets and roads unimaginable.now got back to the depot after 11 hours,the bloke who locks up opens the shutters for my truck and i start reversing in between 2 trucks.as i start reversing the bloke walks behind my truck watching me in making hand movements and everything.As i think hes acting as a sort of banksman i reverse a little further until BANG!!!■■■■ i said out loud.this dimwit comes up to my door and says you’ve just hit that truck mind!!! :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:
No ■■■■■■■ ■■■■ you fool i thought you were watching me in,Ah no i never said i was watching you in he said. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

So got out to have a look at damage (minimum like thank god)he didnt know how fast to ring the blower to tell transport manager after brownie points. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

What makes these people act like this for ■■■■■ sake it really is pathetic like.
sorry for ranting on abit. :grimacing: :grimacing:

I know how you feel mate. If that useless ZB was not there you would have known that you were on your own . As it stands its all your fault of course.

Hiya …Dasask. one day i,am in Mitcham and the only way to tip was to draw back and forward to line up the
pallets for the fork truck. the flt driver got a pallet off. i drove forward he drove into the small wharehouse
he then reversed out(he was on the drivers side)he waved me back c mon c mon stop he drives into the next pallet
pallet and lifts it off. I drive forward again he then drives into the wherehouse
as he goes forward his son gets out of his ■■■■■■ van and said you,ve backed into me.
i approch the chap on the forktruck. He said i was watching the pallets not the trailer.Bone head!!!.
there was,nt a lot of damage but i said no way was we paying as i told him to watch me back.
John

Was the truck that you hit behind you or did you catch one of the trucks at the side with the mirror or something ?

alamcculloch:
I know how you feel mate. If that useless ZB was not there you would have known that you were on your own . As it stands its all your fault of course.

Yeah mate i know he was watching me back and he never said stop or ■■■■ all the stupid ■■■■■■!!!im fuming :imp: :imp: :imp:
yeah gotta fill a accident form out for the company and my agency. :unamused: :unamused:

tachograph:
Was the truck that you hit behind you or did you catch one of the trucks at the side with the mirror or something ?

Hi Tachograph yeah mate it was actually behind me.i managed the reverse between 2 trucks no bother just the back where the ■■■■■■ was!!!

3300John:
Hiya …Dasask. one day i,am in Mitcham and the only way to tip was to draw back and forward to line up the
pallets for the fork truck. the flt driver got a pallet off. i drove forward he drove into the small wharehouse
he then reversed out(he was on the drivers side)he waved me back c mon c mon stop he drives into the next pallet
pallet and lifts it off. I drive forward again he then drives into the wherehouse
as he goes forward his son gets out of his ■■■■■■ van and said you,ve backed into me.
i approch the chap on the forktruck. He said i was watching the pallets not the trailer.Bone head!!!.
there was,nt a lot of damage but i said no way was we paying as i told him to watch me back.
John

hiya john yeah i know what your saying mate this numpty never gave me the stop stop or ■■■■ all he just came up to the door and said youve hit the truck. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

dazask:

tachograph:

Hi Tachograph yeah mate it was actually behind me.i managed the reverse between 2 trucks no bother just the back where the [zb] was!!!

In that case he really was a [zb].

Still looking on the bright side you’ve hopefully learned a valuable lesson, trust no-one but yourself and your own instincts where-ever possible :wink:

dazask:
Hi all was driving for agency yesterday,done runs up to carlisle,bellingham,haltwhistle etc etc and had to go down the smallest streets and roads unimaginable.now got back to the depot after 11 hours,the bloke who locks up opens the shutters for my truck and i start reversing in between 2 trucks.as i start reversing the bloke walks behind my truck watching me in making hand movements and everything.As i think hes acting as a sort of banksman i reverse a little further until BANG!!![zb] i said out loud.this dimwit comes up to my door and says you’ve just hit that truck mind!!! :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:
No [zb] [zb] you fool i thought you were watching me in,Ah no i never said i was watching you in he said. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

So got out to have a look at damage (minimum like thank god)he didnt know how fast to ring the blower to tell transport manager after brownie points. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

What makes these people act like this for [zb] sake it really is pathetic like.

He sounds like a right turd. Especially as he went scuttling off to the TM as well. If someone starts making hand gestures (lol) at you what else can you assume other than that he is seeing you back?

[zb]anksman, more like :grimacing:

tachograph:

dazask:

tachograph:

Hi Tachograph yeah mate it was actually behind me.i managed the reverse between 2 trucks no bother just the back where the [zb] was!!!

In that case he really was a [zb].

Still looking on the bright side you’ve hopefully learned a valuable lesson, trust no-one but yourself and your own instincts where-ever possible :wink:

Hi mate yeah learned never to trust anyone seeing you back!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hi bazza123 yeah what a ■■■■■■■ great banksman he was!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing:

same thing happened to my dad years ago when we worked for the same company, a forklift driver was guiding him into a tight drop and kept telling him to come back until he hit a skip then burst out laughing, only until he got punched in the face, he did’nt seem to be smiling as much then :wink:

Just a thought, do they have CCTV in their yard? If so it would show matey trying to be a banksman.

Doesn’t. Matter if he was being whatched or not it the drivers responibility to get out and check whether a banks man was present or not

Learn from it and it won’t happen again

mutley:
same thing happened to my dad years ago when we worked for the same company, a forklift driver was guiding him into a tight drop and kept telling him to come back until he hit a skip then burst out laughing, only until he got punched in the face, he did’nt seem to be smiling as much then :wink:

Hiya mutley yeah i felt like giving the ■■■■■■ a right good hook like mate. :laughing:

I had the same thing happen a couple of months ago.

Banksman was sacked on the site, but my firm still said it was my fault. They were talking about a disciplinary and because it was the 2nd time in as many months (both banksmen jobs) it was looking like dismissal.

I had my weeks holiday and they still hadn’t made up their minds…so I made it up for them and give them a weeks notice.

(I’d been and found another job on my week off :smiley: )

dazask:
Hi all was driving for agency yesterday,done runs up to carlisle,bellingham,haltwhistle etc etc and had to go down the smallest streets and roads unimaginable.now got back to the depot after 11 hours,the bloke who locks up opens the shutters for my truck and i start reversing in between 2 trucks.as i start reversing the bloke walks behind my truck watching me in making hand movements and everything.As i think hes acting as a sort of banksman i reverse a little further until BANG!!![zb] i said out loud.this dimwit comes up to my door and says you’ve just hit that truck mind!!! :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:
No [zb] [zb] you fool i thought you were watching me in,Ah no i never said i was watching you in he said. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

What makes these people act like this for [zb] sake it really is pathetic like.

Lesson for today…Never trust anyone to guide you anywhere, cuz like the bloke said “i never said i`d watch you in” and then it all lands back on you. Lets just hope your TM realises the brown nosing from said “watcher inner” :unamused: :smiling_imp:

theres always someone willing to leave all responsibility to you, As a forky, i get asked to watch drivers backing in all the time and i wont do it, purely for the fact is that if anything goes wrong, I AINT INVOLVED! :smiling_imp: Plus the fact, if some wannabe banksman is stupid enough to stand behind a reversing lorry…“picture of carnage in my head” :open_mouth: :blush:
He sounds like he is as stupid enough to hang off yer back doors, waving his arms if given the chance :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: