Really P'd off about this...,

Got back to the yard last Friday (11/01/08 ) got all my gear out the cab and into the car and then came face to face with this…

[zb]ing great :angry: :angry: :angry:

Nobody has admitted to it so i went in on saturday once all the trucks were back in and compared damage on trucks to damage on my car, found what i think was the culprit and rang my TM who gave me the drivers number.
So i rang the said driver and he said “well i dont think i hit any thing and if i did i didn’t realise”.
Now the only way the damage could’ve occured is for the truck parked next to me (drivers side) to have reversed out and right hand locked too early and clipped the back O/S of my car with the front N/S of his bumper.

I have photographic evidence of his trucks scrape marks matching my damage and cctv stills proving that his was the actual truck parked next to mine at the start of the week but i get the feeling my boss is gonna drag his heels on this one as he is saying that the cctv footage doesn’t actually show the truck hitting my car (well it wouldn’t from the angle of the camera as it was facing the cars O/S and about a 100ft away and it was at 04:15 and not a night vision camera)

The culprit!

So im gonna have to tell him to view the whole weeks cctv and see if any other truck parked next to mine at all .

but the thing thats ■■■■■■ me off is if i’d hit someones car or truck or even a trailer i would have fessed up straight away, this goon denying it is just prolonging the repair for me as my company will pay up (via insurance) but not until they know who dunnit so they can put that reg and drivers name on the claim form :imp:

So what would you do and how would you go about it, Iv’e played it nicey nicey so far (even with the driver ) but i have my limits.

see the driver if hes not ■■■■ he will own up to it.its down to him not the firm if they need a name then he should own up but as in many cases its mr nobody because there sense of pride wont have let them admit they have made a mistake.and most firms have disclaimers stuck in the car park .park here at your own risk.why isnt he bollocking the driver for bumping the motor is that so hes not admitting its his fault.just keep on at the driver

Crap in his sandwich box. :wink: Won’t get the car fixed but should make you feel a whole lot better.

See if you can get any paint scrapings of the front bumper of the truck and get them checked if they mess you about. If they are a match for the paint on your car then bingo.

dreva:
see the driver if hes not ■■■■ he will own up to it.its down to him not the firm if they need a name then he should own up but as in many cases its mr nobody because there sense of pride wont have let them admit they have made a mistake.and most firms have disclaimers stuck in the car park .park here at your own risk.why isnt he bollocking the driver for bumping the motor is that so hes not admitting its his fault.just keep on at the driver

He wont own upto it as he knows he’ll get in deep doo doo for not owning up straight away at the very least he will get a written warning but may possibly get the sack

Coffeeholic:
Crap in his sandwich box. :wink: Won’t get the car fixed but should make you feel a whole lot better.

:laughing:

Silver_Surfer:
See if you can get any paint scrapings of the front bumper of the truck and get them checked if they mess you about. If they are a match for the paint on your car then bingo.

No apparent paint transfer just scuffs

how many bumps has he had?surely if hes only had one a verbal will do.but if hes had more the boss should be chasing it up if he cant see a car what chance would a person have walking across the yard :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

same thing happened to me a few years ago, but the company passed it to their insurance who OK 'd repair straight awayeven though no details of who had done damage.

U can even see a black mark from the plastic bit on your car bumper on the bottom part of the lorry step. Regarding him getting the boot IMO thats his problem he should own up if youre 100% sure nobody else could have been driving the truck.

Dont these people really get yur goat :imp: . Seems to me that once you`ve gone through the cctv and that lorry is the only possible culprit then the managment have to haul him in, especially with evidence of the damage to the lorry seeming to match your car. Then again common sense rarely prevails :frowning:

Is the unit that hit the car owned by the same yard, and I assume that’s the company that you work for?

I’d just put in a report through the official channels of your company saying you’d like to claim against their insurance, if it happened on their yard I imagine it would be up to whoever is in charge of the yard to prove who hit who, where and when?

Good luck mate,

Alex

dreva:
how many bumps has he had?surely if hes only had one a verbal will do.but if hes had more the boss should be chasing it up if he cant see a car what chance would a person have walking across the yard :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

He’s had 2 already and the TM told him that anymore and he’s history … Which is probably why he wont fess up

del949:
same thing happened to me a few years ago, but the company passed it to their insurance who OK 'd repair straight awayeven though no details of who had done damage.

With the amount of insurance claims my firm had last year (damaged trailers some not our own plus a stolen trailer full of TV’s plus three other loads removed from the sides with a stanley zipper) I dont think my boss is gonna trip over himself to pay up unless its proved beyond any doubt that it was his driver in his motor.

houndofhell:
U can even see a black mark from the plastic bit on your car bumper on the bottom part of the lorry step. Regarding him getting the boot IMO thats his problem he should own up if youre 100% sure nobody else could have been driving the truck.

Agreed and at the mo im 95% sure its him the TM is 50% sure and the boss wont look at the cctv till monday and hasn’t had my photo’s yet so we will see after that

Scarab:
Is the unit that hit the car owned by the same yard, and I assume that’s the company that you work for?

I’d just put in a report through the official channels of your company saying you’d like to claim against their insurance, if it happened on their yard I imagine it would be up to whoever is in charge of the yard to prove who hit who, where and when?

Good luck mate,

Alex

We dont have our own yard it belongs to a main customer of ours (we are located in two places both belonging to the same customer) I checked for signs about no liability or parking here at owners risk but none are present anywhere on the site or at the entrance

You would think that my boss would have looked into it himself wouldn’t you but no it was up to me to play C.S.I. otherwise they would have just left it as “well if no one owns up to it theres nothing we can do”

I think my final final threat (if my boss refuses to pay up) will be “fine i’ll sue the customer as its on their property then” Id like to see my boss park up 20 odd units and 40 odd trailers on his driveway when the customer tells him to remove all his vehicles as they dont want this hassle again :laughing:

Now I realise it may not be possible for you Reef, but whenever I go to work in the car I never, ever park it anywhere near where wagons are likely to stray. I have seen the ‘driving’ standards of some of the other lads at work and the further away from them my car is the better!

'Course, if you’ve got a tight-ish yard there mightn’t be anywhere else to leave your motor. Maybe you should just go in the wife’s car next time… :bulb: :laughing:

Looking at it from the boss’s perspective, if it’s made clear that car parking is provided at the [car] owner’s risk then I can see where he’s coming from. Not saying it’s right, just looking at it from his viewpoint, but that said the ‘decent’ thing for him to do would be to pay up, I suppose.

Olog Hai:
Now I realise it may not be possible for you Reef, but whenever I go to work in the car I never, ever park it anywhere near where wagons are likely to stray. I have seen the ‘driving’ standards of some of the other lads at work and the further away from them my car is the better!

'Course, if you’ve got a tight-ish yard there mightn’t be anywhere else to leave your motor. Maybe you should just go in the wife’s car next time… :bulb: :laughing:

Looking at it from the boss’s perspective, if it’s made clear that car parking is provided at the [car] owner’s risk then I can see where he’s coming from. Not saying it’s right, just looking at it from his viewpoint, but that said the ‘decent’ thing for him to do would be to pay up, I suppose.

The fact that it got damaged isnt the problem after all “[zb]” happens, whats really P’d me off is the fact that the scrotum didnt fess up and make a bad thing bearable and easily sorted.

We have a designated “Tandem area” and sometimes have to remove our unit to have a space to park our car

We’ve only got the one car at the moment and funnily enough are looking for a car for the wife as we speak but there is no way im gonna drag her and my 5 yr old son out of bed at 2 or 3 or 4 in the morning to run me to work

As i said before there is no signage about owners risk and as its not his yard it doesnt apply to him anyway

Lets hope my boss starts a new trend and decides to do the decent thing even though it will undoubtably end up costing him money next time he renews his policy.

But to be fair to him he still has to look at all the evidence yet so i wont nail him to a wall and set fire to him just yet… maybe next friday :laughing:

As i said before there is no signage about owners risk and as its not his yard it doesnt apply to him anyway

Signs that state ‘All vehicles left here are at owners risk’ or We are not responsible for vehicles left on these premises mean absolutely nothing providing you are parked there with the owners permission.

The owner of the yard is obliged to supply you details of their insurers in order for you to make a claim, its not important if the culprit is known or otherwise. You are making a claim against the yard owners, not an individual driver, who did it is not of interest to you

The damage occured through no fault of your own, you are therefore entitled for the damage to be repaired under the owners insurance.