OOOPS

well it had to happen
tipping up at normanton (opposite the asda rdc) toottling along
checks mirrors nothin there
indicates leftchecks mirrors can see nothing
pulls out into middle of road to make the tight turn into the tip ,checks mirrors saw nowt
starts turning into the gate when
PARP followed by the sound of 4 wheels locking
can just see in my wide ns mirror a red astra sliding toward me at speed
wot do i do ?
carry on and hell wipe out into my rear axle
stop and it gives him a few more feet to stop
i stop
he slid under the battery box which wegded him and “helped” him stop
i jumped out of the wagon and ran round to make sure everyone was ok
he got out of his car and accused me of not indicating to which i pointed out the numerous witnessesthat would have seen me doing so and explained about the wide turning cicle an 8 wheeler needs :sunglasses:
to which he stated" oh well your trucks not damaged we’ll not bother with the insurance then"
an off he went :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
his car was a right mess :open_mouth: i didnt even get his reg
but what i cant understand is

wered he come from

just a word of caution… check out the many threads recently about people cliaming damage etc. if this guy leaves it a few days then trys to claim you wont have any witness details?? :open_mouth:

Cover yourself mate - get it reported to the proper authorities.

First he accuses you of not signalling, then tells you not to worry about insurance details, very suspicious. Definitely need to report it to the authorites.

already have
and got the details of the witnesses :sunglasses:

good :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:slight_smile: Sounds like the car you got involved with, wasn’t being used on the road legally somehow. Might have been, no licence, no insurance etc. It could be that the driver knew, if things went legal over that incident , he would be found out. :slight_smile: :wink:

mezzzz1211:
to which he stated" oh well your trucks not damaged we’ll not bother with the insurance then"

ALWAYS get his details or phone plod if there’s damage. Chances are he’s either unlicenced or banned but he’s 99% certainly uninsured and needs to be taken off the road.

I thought that in the case of an accident where details weren’t exchanged, it was the law to report it to the police? Maybe I’m interpreting it wrongly, though. I would have reported it anyway - better to be safe than sorry, after all.

Deaks:
I thought that in the case of an accident where details weren’t exchanged, it was the law to report it to the police? Maybe I’m interpreting it wrongly, though. I would have reported it anyway - better to be safe than sorry, after all.

Correct, according to the highway code if you don’t give your details you have to report the accident to the police within 24 hours