So, think your having a bad day...?!

Well I might be able to beat you already! After having the pleasure of a friday night out on Tilbury, I wake up nice and early ready to run over to Purfleet to pick my load up to get home to Cardiff, all going well so far, road seems quiet, had a decent night sleep and I am nice and relaxed.

Anyway, as its the morning I have an urgent need to empty my bladder and dont fancy having to walk over to Asda to use their facilities and Im not a fan of peeing all over laybys, so I do the decent thing and rip the top of a 2 litre bottle and use that, all going well, I have finished and with plenty of room to spare…great, I can finish getting ready and get on my way home.

If only it was that simple…how could anyone guess how difficult it could be to just simply put an bottle on the floor ready to dispose off?!

As you might be able to guess now, the structural integrity of an asda water bottle, half filled with urine is zero.

Cue one laptop charger, one mobile phone, passenger footwell and fridge all covered in urine, which can actually now include my ear as I thought I had done my phone decently, however, after just having a call I now have a wet ear.

I love working weekends.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

That is all.

Rob K:
:lol: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

That is all.

Dont worry, my day has got even better… cleaning my teeth next to the cab, I made the mistake of leaving a full 2 litre bottle of water on the cab to use, however, some guy decided to fly past where I was parked, just miss my truck by cm’s, so he missed me, however, the bottle of water decided to empty all over me as it fell over…

On the plus side, the load I was picking up at 0800 is not in yet, so I have the pleasure of waiting for that for a few hours!

I love weekends.!

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: Well if its any concelation i once filled a bottle and forgot to throw it away and later needed a drink and grabbed the bottle and took a rather large swig from it :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :cry: :cry: :cry:

fatty01:
:oops: :blush: :blush: :blush: Well if its any concelation i once filled a bottle and forgot to throw it away and later needed a drink and grabbed the bottle and took a rather large swig from it :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

A certain ex-Pat member on here did the same.

Rob K:

fatty01:
:oops: :blush: :blush: :blush: Well if its any concelation i once filled a bottle and forgot to throw it away and later needed a drink and grabbed the bottle and took a rather large swig from it :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

A certain ex-Pat member on here did the same.

It wasnt quite as nice a lucozade :unamused:

Andi, that definitely counts as a worse day than I’m having :stuck_out_tongue:
I just hope my licence turns up soon and I can start applying for work - I am SICK of daytime telly :imp:
Any idea if Rees are looking for any more drivers at the moment?

I never had a problem with the 2 pint milk carton, except for the odd occasions when it’s capacity was inadequate!
One job I was on there were two of us out tramping all week, but occasionally/most weekends our greedy guts of a Guvnor, (not a good one) would use the two useless bods to do auctions and stuff. They were both non-smokers and both prone to fiddle with our stuff. Though we never used our ash trays, always good for pens etc, we filled them with dog ends, and always, but always left them a little something in our pee recepticles!
Then one day we all happened to be in the yard when one of the dopes asked me, ‘what the hell was that in that milk bottle? It was vile!’ It was all could do to keep a straight face when I told him it was my fruit concoction to help me stay awake! Well it wasn’t bad for a spur of the moment decision. Teach him to fiddle with my stuff, blocked my radio out once, cost me £15 to get it decoded! But my mate had a disaster and spilled his all over the cab! Full as well! Hosed his cab down for weeks afterwards, had to sit on plastic seat covers cos they were always wet!
‘Crazytrucker’

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Sounds like a number of drivers need to do more kegel excercises. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Now smart money would be on the lad who builds an onboard system that he can empty by flipping a switch, and having it spray all over the car that is hanging on to their lorry bumper while travelling at 60mph. :astonished: Out of sight out of mind well except the person in the car you just scented like a skunk. :laughing: :laughing:

The Sarge:
Andi, that definitely counts as a worse day than I’m having :stuck_out_tongue:
I just hope my licence turns up soon and I can start applying for work - I am SICK of daytime telly :imp:
Any idea if Rees are looking for any more drivers at the moment?

Not too sure mate as even our spare wagons are being used at the moment due to a breakdowns etc, though I know of S&K looking for drivers!

Get a jerrycan for your water its easier then a bottle, can bang a liquid soap in the passenger door and use it for washing hands, brushing teeth and I also use it to fill the kettle up when I am washing the pots. Left infront of the night heater over night makes it nice and hot in the morning to.
Unlucky with the ■■■■, I have dribbled the odd spot here and there but easily cleanable with a babywipe I hope it doesnt smell too long :laughing:

Thanks Andi, I’ve seen that - just waiting for my licence to turn up. I used to work across the road from your yard for M&G containers - before they went bust :wink:
I’ll drop my CV around once I can prove that I can drive the things :slight_smile:
Take it easy,
Mike H

andi_cardiff:

Rob K:
:lol: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

That is all.

Dont worry, my day has got even better… cleaning my teeth next to the cab, I made the mistake of leaving a full 2 litre bottle of water on the cab to use, however, some guy decided to fly past where I was parked, just miss my truck by cm’s, so he missed me, however, the bottle of water decided to empty all over me as it fell over…

It could be much worse if it was not the water in that bottle :stuck_out_tongue:

i use a bottle, then empty it in the adblue tank.

Nobody gives a toss about ■■■■■■■ by the lorry, just ■■■■ on the vegetation not the tarmac, if there is an allotment handy, ■■■■ on the compost heap, you may get a free punnet of strawberries

When I was an OD doing removals I had a month off on the sick so paid a mate to do the driving. One week he came back from England on his own and collected 2 guys to help unload before heading straight to the customer.

As he was tired he decided to spend the boat crossing sleeping in the cab and had no choice but to pee in a bottle. The only one he had was a large lucozade bottle which was still fairly full. But what I did keep knocking about the cab was a large jug because the truck did occasionally overheat so it was handy for topping up the engine.

He promptly filled the jug and propped it up best he could and forgot all about it. Until he negotiated a roundabout and the entire contents dropped through the sleeper pod onto the 2 other guys.