Sneaky [zb]s!

Does anyone know if the mobile speed camera vans ‘flash’ like a gatso if they’ve got you or is it wait & see? :cry: :cry:

Wait and see

They don’t flash.

:cry: How long before you hear?

Up to two week, sometimes a little longer whish they can probably get away with. Normally you have to receive the letter within 14 days. Care to share the details?

Was in my caron the old A43 towards Blisworth village Northants 8am Sunday morning on approach to village- a long 1/2 mile downhill stretch with slight blind bend( for him to hide! :smiling_imp: ) & as i see him realised was doing 40 without realising in the 30limit zone [zb]! It just ■■■■■■ you off that i wasn’t even in a hurry just lack of concentration for a mo & your [zb]! no one around on a quite sunday morning

You got any points? TBH 3 points is nothing really, barely notice it on your car insurace

NO- clean licence… well was :unamused: :unamused:

Ach well just keep your wits about you from now on. Honestly, 3 points is no biggy. I think it’s so easy to get points these days the insurance companies expect it. It’s when you get 6 points your car insurance takes a hike.

Steve-o:
Up to two week, sometimes a little longer whish they can probably get away with. Normally you have to receive the letter within 14 days. Care to share the details?

It’s the registered keeper of the vehicle that gets the first notice within 14 days - after that it can take months.

mazz:
NO- clean licence… well was :unamused: :unamused:

Well you may still be able to keep it that way as depends if they are several of the forces that have a scheme where you pay the £60 fine but go on a safety awareness course that they do when / if it comes through you could ask them about it

If it’s your first, and if it only registered mid-30’s then you may get offered the chance of fine & speed awareness course with no points - may be lucky.

mazz:
Does anyone know if the mobile speed camera vans ‘flash’ like a gatso if they’ve got you or is it wait & see? :cry: :cry:

no but if the camera operator clocks you speeding they will then quickly wave a flag out of the side window as you pass saying “GOTCHA” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

If your speedo says 40 you were probably only doing 35 as they over read, you may be lucky.

Big Joe:
If your speedo says 40 you were probably only doing 35 as they over read, you may be lucky.

What peed me off big time is the fact they know your extra momentum going downhill isn’t considered on that stretch as you would literally have to jab on the anchors at the limit signs to conform to the 30 at where he was parked

What’s the differance between a police man with a speed gun and a ■■■■■■■■■■?

With the ■■■■■■■■■■ you can see the [zb] behind the bush!

Big Joe:

depends,were you in the car or wagon?
car speedos will be out but a wagons speedo is spot on.
they usually allow you a margin of error of 10% +3mph to allow for inacuracy of speedo

Northants also don’t do the speed awareness course ( as i fell victim ) i don’t think they would go ahead with that. it will be a waste of time

Saw a mobile last week at Stonham on A140 in Suffolk, parked on the top of the hill, clocking those going up the hill. As eight drivers had given me the nod, I proceeded up there at about 23mph.