Pending Speeding Fine!

I think I got flashed by one of those ‘stealth’ camera’s last night. :frowning:

I was turning off at junction 25 on the M25 headed for the A10 and the variable speed was being displayed at 40 MPH, I was stupidly trying to hurry as my driving hours were ticking away drove through at around 47 MPH and the flash went off. There were several other vehicles on the same section of road travelling slightly faster than me but I think it would of just got us all. :frowning:

14 day wait now to see if the firm are sent a NIP for my vehicle - should I inform them that I think I have one?

I am hoping that I get offered the ‘speed awareness course’ to avoid the 3 points on the licence.

Lesson learned!!

First have you attended any other speed awareness courses in the last 3 year or points ? if so you’ll get points
if not it’s up to the police as your over the 10%

blue estate:
First have you attended any other speed awareness courses in the last 3 year or points ? if so you’ll get points
if not it’s up to the police as your over the 10%

I have been caught twice by the camera’s the last one was around 7 years ago the one previous was 5 years before that both got me a fine of £60 and 3 points. I do know that the fine has now gone up to £100.

Hopefully nothing will come of it or at least a course at worst 3 points

Those are little devils though. You can spot them in the day but if you’re not on a lit stretch of carrageway then you’re hosed. Since you’re over the 10% and you have previous I say you’ll be looking at a fine and points.

Radar19:
Those are little devils though. You can spot them in the day but if you’re not on a lit stretch of carrageway then you’re hosed. Since you’re over the 10% and you have previous I say you’ll be looking at a fine and points.

How is the speed calculated? To get a ticket I thought it was something like your speed plus 10% plus 2 MPH so in a 40 you could get away with doing up to 46 MPH and not get flashed?

MickyB666:
I think I got flashed by one of those ‘stealth’ camera’s last night. :frowning:

I was turning off at junction 25 on the M25 headed for the A10 and the variable speed was being displayed at 40 MPH, I was stupidly trying to hurry as my driving hours were ticking away drove through at around 47 MPH and the flash went off. There were several other vehicles on the same section of road travelling slightly faster than me but I think it would of just got us all. :frowning:

14 day wait now to see if the firm are sent a NIP for my vehicle - should I inform them that I think I have one?

I am hoping that I get offered the ‘speed awareness course’ to avoid the 3 points on the licence.

Lesson learned!!

Over speed limit +%10 +2 (46mph in your case) is speeding. Up to speed limit +%10 +9 (53mph for you) will get you an invite to a speed awareness course as long as you haven’t been caught speeding in the previous three years.

Captain Caveman 76:
Over speed limit +%10 +2 (46mph in your case) is speeding. Up to speed limit +%10 +9 (53mph for you) will get you an invite to a speed awareness course as long as you haven’t been caught speeding in the previous three years.

I am not sure how those Hadecs3 camera’s work, whether on average speed or on spot speed either way I could of been either just under or just over the limit by a whisker, I suppose it depends on how accurate the speedo is in the truck, it might of been flashing the cars in front or all of us, I suppose I will just have to wait and see.

MickyB666:

Radar19:

How is the speed calculated? To get a ticket I thought it was something like your speed plus 10% plus 2 MPH so in a 40 you could get away with doing up to 46 MPH and not get flashed?

Its all dependant on what the Police Force in the area are using. You may of been in the catchment for a speed awareness course but you have previous so that is going to count against you. As for the cameras, there are some that are being set to just 40 or 50 or 30 without any graces.

MickyB666:

Captain Caveman 76:

I am not sure how those Hadecs3 camera’s work, whether on average speed or on spot speed either way I could of been either just under or just over the limit by a whisker, I suppose it depends on how accurate the speedo is in the truck, it might of been flashing the cars in front or all of us, I suppose I will just have to wait and see.

Generally speaking, the speedo on your vehicle isn’t very accurate. That’s why the authorities allow such a large tolerance. Speaking frankly, driving close to that tolerance is asking for trouble.
I’m not having a go at you, IMO these cameras are simply revenue raisers (was there a reason for the reduced limit?), but if you choose to take that chance, be prepared to have your hand slapped.

Captain Caveman 76:
Generally speaking, the speedo on your vehicle isn’t very accurate. That’s why the authorities allow such a large tolerance. Speaking frankly, driving close to that tolerance is asking for trouble.
I’m not having a go at you, IMO these cameras are simply revenue raisers (was there a reason for the reduced limit?), but if you choose to take that chance, be prepared to have your hand slapped.

Yep, I agree I was stupid and if I get a ticket it’s will be deserved and I will accept it - I have no one to blame but myself! No excuses!

[/quote]
[/quote]
100% true only counts if you been on a speed awareness course in last 3 years, for 5 and 7 years ago this will not count against you.

If under 53mph you will be offered the SAC. if over 53 then 3 points and £100 fine.

askthe.police.uk/content/Q584.htm

99% of police forces use these guidlines

lancashire.police.uk/media/3 … or-sac.pdf

Hopefully 53mph or under and then a Saturday in the class room learning how to drive again lol

Is it just a case of waiting to see if a NIP arrives or is there any online facility which allows you to check? I have seen a spoof one that shows a ugly face when you click on the ‘see photographic evidence’ link - is there a real version?

I think yes you can check look at the link above and it has the tel no 101 and ask for Central Ticket Office/Process Bureau may have to wait a few days for them to check the camera but if you give them your reg they should be able to tell you if you were caught.

Im 99% sure a speedo (old style not digital) is around 3mph lower than actually driving so 47 would be 44 ish so a good chance it was not you. i had all this myself a while ago and after a lot or worrying nothing came.

my sat nav shows 3mph faster speed than my speedo so confirms what i was told. try not to worry at worst a day in a class room.

I think yes you can check look at the link above and it has the tel no 101 and ask for Central Ticket Office/Process Bureau may have to wait a few days for them to check the camera but if you give them your reg they should be able to tell you if you were caught.

Im 99% sure a speedo (old style not digital) is around 3mph lower than actually driving so 47 would be 44 ish so a good chance it was not you. i had all this myself a while ago and after a lot or worrying nothing came.

my sat nav shows 3mph faster speed than my speedo so confirms what i was told. try not to worry at worst a day in a class room.

My speedo in my truck says 53, my Sat-nav hovers around 50-51.

As already said, 47 mph & it’s Speed School, I got done at 47 in a 40 limit, coming out of Hull a couple of years ago, it’s no big deal, no point in worrying about it.
You should get the choice of 3 points (that will affect your insurance for the next 3-5 years) & a £100 fine or Speed School (take the Speed School)

They send you details of the Speed Schools, I was lucky, found one less than 2 miles from my house & it was on a Sunday. Cost around £100 & you don’t have to say anything to your insurance company as they don’t share information.

Give it a couple of weeks & if nothing’s said, you’ve got away with it & lesson learnt, just stick £100 to one side just in case [emoji6]