Think I've been caught

On the a15 this morning trucking on minding my own as you do when I was in a 50 zone doing about 48 I know slightly over 40 one of the ■■■■■■■ gatso ■■■■■ flashed but I can’t be certain if it did flash me or the car behind I’ve never had a speeding ticket at all the boss knows I told him as soon as I went back to the yard

If it was me do you think I’ll be offered a speed awareness course or is it possible that it was the car behind as I was almost out of the markings on the road

Any help much appreciated also anyone any idea how long I have to wait till I get shafted by the fine

20% over the speed limit, tut tut…

I think it’s 2 weeks for the first letter .

Why did you tell your boss? You dont even know if your getting done yet

First NIP to the registered keeper within 14 days but no limit on the subsequent ones.

Eh, thought you were doing 48 in a 50 zone, or am I not reading it right?

Goldilox:
Eh, thought you were doing 48 in a 50 zone, or am I not reading it right?

Sounds like 50 for cars so must be single carriage way

By 50 zone i take it you mean 50 limit single carriageway, which is a 40 zone for trucks.
At 48 sounds like the Gatso was set for trucks (height setting etc) to catch those who shouldn’t be on the road and should know better, wouldn’t bother waiting for the letter (doubtfull you would be offered a speed awareness course anyway), just brace for the 6 points and hold your head in shame.

On the plus side this will make the roads a safer place and put you over the eligability for employment (insurance restrictions)and hopefully you will get the sack and find it difficult to get behind the wheel of anything larger than a pram for the next few years…

Just joshin, let he who has never done 48 in a 40 cast the first stone- theres a chance you may be OK, camera faulty, no film, flashing car behind you going like the clappers preparing to overtake, etc but keep us posted, fingers crossed for you mucka.

I got a nip last week. 49 on the A19 between ripon and york. There was some criteria on it for speed awareness courses. A couple were the speed had to be between 46 and 53mph, and it must be at least 2 years since your last course. I can’t remember the others but I did qualify. Just waiting to hear if I get offered it or not. The funny thing is the penalty is 3 points and £100 but the course is only £95 :open_mouth: :confused:

Dipper_Dave:
By 50 zone i take it you mean 50 limit single carriageway, which is a 40 zone for trucks.
At 48 sounds like the Gatso was set for trucks (height setting etc) to catch those who shouldn’t be on the road and should know better, wouldn’t bother waiting for the letter (doubtfull you would be offered a speed awareness course anyway), just brace for the 6 points and hold your head in shame.

On the plus side this will make the roads a safer place and put you over the eligability for employment (insurance restrictions)and hopefully you will get the sack and find it difficult to get behind the wheel of anything larger than a pram for the next few years…

:laughing:

Hmm hope I get offered the course

Speed cameras in Lincolnshire are often set to catch HGV’s.
You could check your speed trace from your tacho.

If its the one near RAF Scampton then its set for trucks. One of ours got a notice in for doing 46 mph.

OVLOV JAY:
I got a nip last week. 49 on the A19 between ripon and york. There was some criteria on it for speed awareness courses. A couple were the speed had to be between 46 and 53mph, and it must be at least 2 years since your last course. I can’t remember the others but I did qualify. Just waiting to hear if I get offered it or not. The funny thing is the penalty is 3 points and £100 but the course is only £95 :open_mouth: :confused:

I did one of these a few years ago. 46 in a 40 (In a car), 3 points + £60 or £90 for course- choose the course (obviously) and although its an all dayer it wasn’t too bad, taught me a bit and was quite a good laugh, (but that was down to the instructor having a good sense of humour) free coffee, tea (well not really free but you know what I mean). Mid morning, dinner and afternoon breaks so all in all not too bad.

Also my driving style has changed since the course, a bit more speed aware and if the limits 30 then 30 ish its is.

if the limits 30 then 30 ish its is.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Snowgo:
If its the one near RAF Scampton then its set for trucks. One of ours got a notice in for doing 46 mph.

That’s the money sucking ■■■■■■■ waste of steel on the northbound side

question about the camera vans amongst the camera buffs - the little hatch window on the back door, if its not open is it still taking photos? i think i was speeding last week but saw the window where the camera is was closed,it was a sunny day

Think you will be fine, I could be wrong but most use laser speed/distance calculations now so unless the camera has been calibrated to the glass, which is unlikely as this will add expansion and contraction elements to the glass molecules making correct calibration almost impossible or at least have a high margin of error, way outside what is needed for an accurate speed figure to give a safe conviction.

Seriously though will you lot stop speeding :slight_smile:

corij:
question about the camera vans amongst the camera buffs - the little hatch window on the back door, if its not open is it still taking photos? i think i was speeding last week but saw the window where the camera is was closed,it was a sunny day

I saw one on them things today in a bush covered layby, on the a27 the bit just of m27 hampshire lucky i was doing 56mph spotted the geezer and slowed down to 50mph so he didnt get me, as usual no flash warning from other truckers down that way guess they must of been jonny foreigners driving our trucks who don,t give a toss about camaraderie, not like in the old days when truckers gave the thumbs down or a flash to warn ya, sad times now.

Use the A77. Me and a mate were talking to a couple of coppers at cairnryan and told them that we don’t move when the boat comes in. We wait for the wacky races to finish so we don’t get wiped out by the Irish. The guy said he doesn’t blame us and he would do the same thing :confused: