Need some advice please

It’s been 18 days now since I may have been caught speeding by a mobile camera van, my work should have received the NIP by Monday there at the latest, that was 14 days. Still not heard anything which is good however going on holiday soon and need license as hiring a car. Should I ask some questions with supervisor or just shut up, if I’m going to get it then I can’t avoid it. Cheers guys.

Keep quiet.you may be ok.

mums the word. if you not had anything then forget it they was probs sleeping in the back

Bubbacpt:
It’s been 18 days now since I may have been caught speeding by a mobile camera van,

Just keep quiet about it like you said you MAY have been caught speeding, what were you doing speed wise anyway ?

Do the vans flash twice like the lampost ones do?

If they don’t, then surely they cannot actually measure your speed, so if anyone inside has got their feet up, they have just got a still photo of someone on that road pointing in a particular direction? “Not enough to prove an offence” essentially?

I always thought an NIP had to be sent within 14 days so you might well be safe.

maga:
I always thought an NIP had to be sent within 14 days so you might well be safe.

To the registered keeper which would be the employer.

Winseer:
Do the vans flash twice like the lampost ones do?

If they don’t, then surely they cannot actually measure your speed, so if anyone inside has got their feet up, they have just got a still photo of someone on that road pointing in a particular direction? “Not enough to prove an offence” essentially?

They don’t use the same sort of speed camera, no flash required.
Flash is only required at night, difference is fixed use photos, vans use video.

maga:

What is the 14 day rule?
The 14 day rule relates only to the period of time in which the Police/Process Unit must serve the original Notice. The Police do not have to prove that the Notice reached its intended recipient within 14 days, merely that in the normal course of events, it should have arrived. In many cases, the registered keeper will be a lease company not the actual driver with the result that even if the driver is unaware of the incident, service of the Notice is good if it was sent to arrive at the registered keeper’s last known address within 14 days of the offence.

As far as I know our tractor units are leased however our rigids are owned, so I think the NIP would go straight to the transport manager or compliance officer. Was doing 50 mph in a rigid on an open stretch of A road, 40 mph for trucks & 60 mph for cars. I’ve got Unite Driver Care so fine will get paid for me but will get 3 points if done. Cheers.

Bubbacpt:
As far as I know our tractor units are leased however our rigids are owned, so I think the NIP would go straight to the transport manager or compliance officer. Was doing 50 mph in a rigid on an open stretch of A road, 40 mph for trucks & 60 mph for cars. I’ve got Unite Driver Care so fine will get paid for me but will get 3 points if done. Cheers.

Maybe he was concentrating his efforts on cars and wasn’t even bothered by you.

[/quote]
Maybe he was concentrating his efforts on cars and wasn’t even bothered by you.
[/quote]
Yea Right !
& maybe the Pound Signs weren’t rolling round in his eyes, whilst he was slobbering & ■■■■■■■■■■■■, hidden in his little revenue van !

weeto:

maga:

What is the 14 day rule?
The 14 day rule relates only to the period of time in which the Police/Process Unit must serve the original Notice. The Police do not have to prove that the Notice reached its intended recipient within 14 days, merely that in the normal course of events, it should have arrived. In many cases, the registered keeper will be a lease company not the actual driver with the result that even if the driver is unaware of the incident, service of the Notice is good if it was sent to arrive at the registered keeper’s last known address within 14 days of the offence.

It’s not a rule as such but generally if you haven’t heard anything within 14 days you’re safe. If it comes after the 14 days then you still get the punishment obviously.

I’m guessing it could take longer to get to the individual if you’re in a company vehicle.

If I have a line of cars behind me when I’m sticking to 40, i always content myself with the thought that one of them might be an enforcer on his way home and in a hurry!
Childish. I know.

maga:
It’s not a rule as such but generally if you haven’t heard anything within 14 days you’re safe.

I believe it’s law under the road traffic offenders act but I’m obviously not a lawyer :slight_smile:

I’m pretty sure that the date of issue of the NIP is the crucial point. If this is more than 14 days after the date of the alleged offence,then you’re OK. Obviously,if date of issue is within the 14 day period…

cheekymonkey:
If I have a line of cars behind me when I’m sticking to 40, i always content myself with the thought that one of them might be an enforcer on his way home and in a hurry!
Childish. I know.

Brilliant. I never thought of it that way. Now I may even start dropping it down to 38, just to be more than sure that I’m staying legal.

Road Traffic Act 1988…

(1)Subject to section 2 of this Act, [F1a person shall not be convicted of an offence to which this section applies unless]– .
(a)he was warned at the time the offence was committed that the question of prosecuting him for some one or other of the offences to which this section applies would be taken into consideration, or .
(b)within fourteen days of the commission of the offence a summons (or, in Scotland, a complaint) for the offence was served on him, or .
(c)within fourteen days of the commission of the offence a notice of the intended prosecution specifying the nature of the alleged offence and the time and place where it is alleged to have been committed, was– .
(i)in the case of an offence under section 28 or 29 of the M1Road Traffic Act 1988 (cycling offences), served on him, .
(ii)in the case of any other offence, served on him or on the person, if any, registered as the keeper of the vehicle at the time of the commission of the offence.

Bubbacpt:
It’s been 18 days now since I may have been caught speeding by a mobile camera van, my work should have received the NIP by Monday there at the latest, that was 14 days. Still not heard anything which is good however going on holiday soon and need license as hiring a car. Should I ask some questions with supervisor or just shut up, if I’m going to get it then I can’t avoid it. Cheers guys.

Well another week has passed have you received your NIP ? I’m intrigued.

bald bloke:

Bubbacpt:

Well another week has passed have you received your NIP ? I’m intrigued.

No still no NIP. That’s been exactly 4 weeks now. Starting to think I may be ok now but still on the back of my mind.
I go into work every day expecting to be questioned but nothing yet. :slight_smile: