smith & robinson

hi there,my father used to drive for S&R his name was Alan brooks.no longer with us.he was based at the brentwood depot/warley off A127.he was there from 1970 to 1992 then of course UTT.i have very fond childhood memories of me going to work with him on g.p work/hid in the cab to glucose work/cargill,tilbury.before he was took from us he worked on methanol tanks from purfleet to haverhill/blagdons chemicals.i also worked for UTT on J WYATT/LEEDS contract based at home in essex.would be nice to hear from anyone who new/worked with him.cheers lads

jon, when your dad started for s&r they were based behind the railway pub at dagenham east, worked out of a portacabin in the car park,s&r`s manager was a guy called mac, confirmed alcoholic, nothing wrong with that!!! how many times did i fall out of there slaughtered?

we both worked on charles poulter in the highway stepney, the queens head in cable st was poulters friday night office, i have woken up many a saturday morning parked in the highway in my 1418 long nose merc, no limehouse link then, we had to go down narrow st, not easy when you only have one eye open.

Supercube, one of the things that always stood out as a kid traveling with my Dad to the docks in London in the 60’s was seeing one of Charles Poulters long nose Mercs they certainly stood out, do you have any pics of them.

dieseldog6:
Supercube, one of the things that always stood out as a kid traveling with my Dad to the docks in London in the 60’s was seeing one of Charles Poulters long nose Mercs they certainly stood out, do you have any pics of them.

no i dont, we never took photos of lorries then, on davis bros they never stood still long enough.
its a shame because any photos now would be interesting (and black & white)
if anybody on here has any, please post them.