Tanker pictures

wanted pictures of smith & robinson , john wyatt , cargill united transport , cpc united kingdom

Had an ex Cargills E10 290 F826 ANY up untill 2007, bought it from the Tilbury dept, it was one of their shunters. Drove her back to Maldon, bit smokey but drove ok, parked it up with the intention to restore it, was already doing my C series at the time, but some thieving ■■■■■■■ nicked the rad and it got vandled. sadly i sold her for scrap.

Sacralidge :frowning: :frowning:

nice models m8 did u work 4 any of those companies me ole chap drove 4 S&R/UNITED 4 26 yrs…sadly passed vaway but great memories of going with him all over in little F7 lol

hi haulmaster,no i never drove for any tanker firms,but a good friend of mine drove for smith & robinsons for years out of rothwell depot.geoff wilkinson,sadly hes dead now like a lot more tanker i knew.

hi bigee,drove 4 united tpt myself for 5 yrs on john wyatt contract based at home in braintree ,my dad drove for s&r 4 yrs based at brentwood depot and went on cargill side 4 many yrs also ,finally working on chemicals again but died at just 49yrs old his name was ALAN BROOKS…cheers

Not sure if Powder tanks fit this thread but early 80s I think?

haulmaster:
hi bigee,drove 4 united tpt myself for 5 yrs on john wyatt contract based at home in braintree ,my dad drove for s&r 4 yrs based at brentwood depot and went on cargill side 4 many yrs also ,finally working on chemicals again but died at just 49yrs old his name was ALAN BROOKS…cheers

I NEW ALAN BROOKES VERY WELL I WAS BASED @ TRAFFORD PARK FOR 6 YEARS & THERE WAS A GUY GOOD PAL OF YOUR DADS DENISE
IF I REMEMBER YOUR DAD WAS INTO STEAM TRAINS I THINK. ANYWAY MY NAME IS ARTHUR. ALL THE BEST.

Will these do?

Can you pull over there and face the wall :stuck_out_tongue:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Only if you keep your hands in your pockets.

The Yorkshireman:
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Only if you keep your hands in your pockets.

Big Mick Lunn ended his days driving for Mr Dennis didnt he?

I spoke to Roy (squeaky) Andrew almost every day

very good pictures,have you any more yorkshireman.

I haven’t seen Mick for about 3 years, last I heard he was very poorly. I’ll ask around and see if I can find out any news.

I’ve got these two to hand, I’ll have a look see if I have any more.

Hi Yorkshireman, do you remember Ian Snowden or Dave Chapman from the S+R workshop in Trafford Park ?