Tanker pictures

My dad used to drive for Air Products and I took these when i went out with him

I sure do how are they both Sniffy? There were quite a few good lads over there, (for Lancastrians of course) Mind you they couldn’t spell very well. I collected my truck after it had been in for repair and they had left me a message on it. " Carot Cruncher" :smiley: Did you work there. I wanted to contact some of them when I arranged a reunion for S&R’s at Rothwell a couple of years back. They would have been very welcome and we would have drawn them a map to find their way back. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

The Yorkshireman:
I haven’t seen Mick for about 3 years, last I heard he was very poorly. I’ll ask around and see if I can find out any news.

I’ve got these two to hand, I’ll have a look see if I have any more.

old mick lunn is a little poorly so to speak, his lad mick lunn works nites at freightliner leeds if you didnt know

Yorkshireman - Ian Snowden ended up, and is still there, in Florida with a furniture warehouse, buying and selling up-market furniture to the rich and famous, no idea how he ended up doing that, but has made a good life out there. Apparently He has a ranch in the glades, sits out on the veranda chewing bacca ! No idea what happened to Dave chapman, never heard from him since he left.
In the 70/80s in trafford Park, because there was so many tank firms in a relatively small area, Drivers fitters and office staff moved around quite a bit - very small tanker world !!

How about Terry Jakes (Jaques) I knew him from loading in IBL and when he went to UTT I went for a job in the Croda / Cargill planning. The interview went well until I dissed their new computer systems they were introducing at the time and then told him I preferred the old planning sheets and a pencil and eraser.

Hi Wheel Nut, If memory serves me right Terry Jaques was in charge of one of the depots in Linconshire for a while. He was one of the most productive drivers S&R ever had and that’s saying something. I just hope he didn’t expect the drivers working for him to keep up. Nice enough guy though on the occasions I met him.

Nice to hear Ian is doing well. I don’t know what happened to Dave, he was foreman in the garage and had a great sense of humour. I always enjoyed our exchanges, he talked quite a lot of sense now and again,for a Lancastrian. :smiley:

Some Imperial trucks before they went over to Merc…