smith & robinson

does anyone have any pictures of smith & robinson tankers.plus contract liverys of cargill uk & john wyatt/leeds?

sorry mate, unfortunately i do not have any photos of s&r, are you an ex driver? a very good mate of mine worked on there for a number of years name of alan brooks,

I dont have any pictures either but worked with guys when it was Croda in Hull.

Terry Jaques was a driver and became the head sherang when S&R, later United Transport Tankers took on the Cargill contract.

Mr Dennis and Roy knew how to keep tallow rates down in John Wyatt :wink:

Sorry 1971 I don’t have any photos either but I knew some of their drivers when working out of BP at Saltend,Hull and I used to use their tankwash in T.Park.

used to know geoff wilkinson who drove for s& r out of rothwell,leeds,also bill brennan who set up his own business and bills mate muffin man,cant remember his real name

I remember being a teenager on a council estate in Bramley, Leeds. One of my mate’s Dad used to drive for Smith & Robinson, out of Rothwell i think. I can’t remeber his dads first name, but his surname is “Greenall”, he worked there for years, i think he was still there up untill retirement. At least a couple of nights a week he’d be home with the unit and tanker trailer parked outside the house all night !!! (not something you’d do nowadays on a council estate,)
The units were mainly ERF, but i remember him getting a brand new F12, flat top sometime in the late seventies.I know the old boy is still fit & well as i see him around quite often.

jerry