Site security

you’ve read my post wrong mate, or I’ve typed it wrong :smiley:

What I was saying is I don’t see a problem in handing in or locking up my phone/satnav to the security officer in the prison. I was saying some of the others don’t do it, but I don’t see a problem in just doing what the staff ask of me as a visitor to the premises

A delivery company. Surely it is to guard against swapping devices for newer versions.

LR18-8:
you’ve read my post wrong mate, or I’ve typed it wrong :smiley:

What I was saying is I don’t see a problem in handing in or locking up my phone/satnav to the security officer in the prison. I was saying some of the others don’t do it, but I don’t see a problem in just doing what the staff ask of me as a visitor to the premises

You are 100% correct but some people take offence, take me I did an agency job the other day … did my walk around checks of teh trailer and noted that the red tail light lense was missing no probs put it down as a defect as I knew the engineer was not there I got one off of another trailer which was defective, and placed it on mine no harm done.
Write it on the defect sheet explaining I took it from trailer blah blah blah, as the TM office was also closed. got to the security office, and the security guard was told also jsut to cover all angles the idiot started saying you have stolen property of the company and what not. refused to lift the barrier until I removed it. I said no prob reversed up took it off and gave it to him then locked up motor and gave him keys said you better find a driver then as I am not taking it out illegally. he rang the manager on call ■■■■■■■■ 2 mins later gave keys back saying sorry.

Some security are wannabe coppers and thik they are murphys law!!!

discoman:
Some security are wannabe coppers and thik they are murphys law!!!

^^ Very true :smiley:

He sounded like a complete ■■■■

Second time i went they asked if i had completed the electronic devices form, i replied i had but they couldn’t find their copy and the ■■■■■■ was busy so told them to let me through as i know the way. In the evening when leaving they searched me (and fris ked me!) They asked to the form and i said the office had it and only they could ask for it, they wouldn’t give it to me. An older one said it was probably ok anyway and let me go…

The job im in now i have been told when i go airside some don’t let me carry cameras, phones or satnavs and my expensive one is therefore a waste of money. I replied the company bar code scanners have cameras too built in. He had selective hearing over that!

So. I was sent in to a particular delivery company as an agency driver and for the signing in they wanted details and serial numbers of every electronic devce i carried as well as the imei number of my phone. Not partial numbers but the full details.

I refused on one device as it carried no number so they wanted to take a photograph as well as put my bag through the xray machine!!! Seems a bit ott for me. Especially as they want me to use my phone for making company calls to clients at sites… methinks those will go on my timesheet as expenses… would you hand over you serial numbers and phone imei ■■!

Is there any problem in giving that info, apart from the obvious hassle?

Can anyone do anything if they get your IMEI number? It does seem OTT. Do they deliver, electrical goods?

Dented:
So. I was sent in to a particular delivery company as an agency driver and for the signing in they wanted details and serial numbers of every electronic devce i carried as well as the imei number of my phone. Not partial numbers but the full details.

I refused on one device as it carried no number so they wanted to take a photograph as well as put my bag through the xray machine!!! Seems a bit ott for me. Especially as they want me to use my phone for making company calls to clients at sites… methinks those will go on my timesheet as expenses… would you hand over you serial numbers and phone imei ■■!

Was this DSG / Comet?

I would use the same response as I used when I visited MIRA or Exxon

Guard. "have you any lighters or matches? No I don’t smoke.

Guard "have you any alcohol? No I don’t drink.

Guard "have you any mobile phones or cameras. No.

If they did decide to search the cab and find anything. I would say they were in the lorry when I picked it up :laughing:

I could understand why an electrical retailer would want things like satnav serial numbers and phone IMEI numbers, purely to make sure what you came in with is what your leaving with.

I don’t see the problem in just giving them what they want, makes everyone life a little easier to just take a few minutes to keep them happy.

We go to places like prisons & factories that produce coins. Your not allowed to take in satnavs, phones, money etc etc. some of the drivers just leave it all in the cab and declare they don’t have anything with them, but if I’m going to be going back and forth there now and then I don’t see a problem in just doing what they ask. Makes my life easier in case they do a spot check.

LR18-8:
I could understand why an electrical retailer would want things like satnav serial numbers and phone IMEI numbers, purely to make sure what you came in with is what your leaving with.

I don’t see the problem in just giving them what they want, makes everyone life a little easier to just take a few minutes to keep them happy.

We go to places like prisons & factories that produce coins. Your not allowed to take in satnavs, phones, money etc etc. some of the drivers just leave it all in the cab and declare they don’t have anything with them, but if I’m going to be going back and forth there now and then I don’t see a problem in just doing what they ask. Makes my life easier in case they do a spot check.

You should see it as a problem if you take a phone into a prison as it is a criminal offence. depending on what Cat nick it is you cab should bve getting searched. and it is not just phones and sat nav’s any form of electrical which can be used ie camera ipods.