Palletways fradley park Disgusting Security

Arrived at palletways at Fradley Park… told the lad at security booth I’ve come from such such agency and I’m a driver… I’m not sure where to go. He had a bit of attitude on him and instructed me to “go back around third right” so I assumed he ment go straight ahead third right as he opened the barrier and I couldn’t really tell what he was say I g as he way mumbling… My bad as I was in a car fair enough my fault there… he starts screaming his ■■■■ off and in a right attitude tells me to… “back on ■■■■■■■ main road turn right then third right!” As soon he spoke to me like that i thought ■■■■ it… time to go home and have propper breakfast haha.

Thought Il do a day or two agency work before I start at my new employment place. Has anyone else experienced anything similar and what would you have done?

Agency rang me and I told him the story as I was on way home… they then repeatedly rang me to give it another chance and then kept ringing to give me work somewhere else when I told them I’m not interested as it.put my mood off.

I rather sit at home few more days and work somewhere your actually respected. The place I will start working seems to know how to treat their drivers/colleagues well :slight_smile:. Where I come from… respect is everything… I never make enemies and I will always be their freind regardless of what they treat me like.

Happy old sole that gateman is NOT ! :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: just drive in there with a sign in window saying new driver

blue estate:
Happy old sole that gateman is NOT ! :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: just drive in there with a sign in window saying new driver

Yes I’m in the wrong here lol for misunderstanding and would’ve apologised to him in a respectful manner… but the way he spoke I don’t think he deserved it lol

Often find the little hitlers are stuck up with their own importance, but you could stop the car, get out and walk slowly towards the booth and ask him “want to repeat that, nicely” with a cold hard emotionless stare…?

Watch him wet himself as he asumes we’re all cold blooded serial killers! :smiling_imp:

a security pleb swears at you cos you dont know where to go so you take a wee hissy fit as he has " spoiled your mood" and bin your shift last minute ■■
1st class snowflake candidate for todays modern beancounter employment. :unamused:

dieseldog999:
a security pleb swears at you cos you dont know where to go so you take a wee hissy fit as he has " spoiled your mood" and bin your shift last minute ■■
1st class snowflake candidate for todays modern beancounter employment. :unamused:

It’s called having a bit of self-respect. Why should he allow himself to be spoken to like that?

Try going into a hospital/accountants/bank and screaming swear words at people… You’d be removed and the police called if you didn’t leave quickly.

Just because he’s a driver doesn’t mean he needs to put up with verbal abuse. Generally I try and get on with people - but if someone shouted abuse at me I’d either do exactly as he had done or start throwing some back. I’d not meekly get on with the job like a scared child.

well the norm would be to go back into his face and tell him where to get off.
30 seconds later it would be as forgotten about as your average road rage on a daily basis.
if that incident affects him so much that he heads for home with his “mood” all upset then he is the perfect candidate for stobart,or tesco type employment,and,also an ideal snowflake candidate for posting pish on here as well. :slight_smile:

dieseldog999:
30 seconds later it would be as forgotten about as your average road rage on a daily basis.
if that incident affects him so much that he heads for home with his “mood” all upset then he is the perfect candidate for stobart,or tesco type employment,and,also an ideal snowflake candidate for posting pish on here as well. :slight_smile:

Lol this is why they get away… us drivers seem to struggle to unite when it comes to something affecting our livelyhood

Tbh, my first question I´d be asking myself is “How much do I need the money”
I´ve done gigs in the past that I have HATED doing for one reason or another. I needed the money.

TruckerYaser:

dieseldog999:

Lol this is why they get away… us drivers seem to struggle to unite when it comes to something affecting our livelyhood

But the attitude of the gateman didn’t affect your livelihood, did it? The loss of a few hours’ money was entirely down to you…

For the avoidance of doubt, I’m not suggesting for one moment that anyone should accept that sort of treatment, but the grown-up way to deal with it is to challenge it there and then in a calm manner. Gatemen tend to be even thicker and have worse social/communication skills than many lorry drivers…

Ok