Attempted thievery

Morning boys and girls,

I had some lowlife degenerate attempt to get into my trailer last night, I was parked in the Wilfred, off Albert drive, near Wakefield.

I drive a drawbar solid sides with up and over rear doors, they are kept padlocked overnight and they’d sheared straight through it and lifted the rear door, which woke me, I turned lights on and they disappeared back underneath their rock to mate with their sister and mother (presumably)

Where you empty? It was probably the padlock that attracted them.

The bar stools cant leave nothin alone

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

at the very least having a padlock on shows you wernt being negligent so you cant have being careless ie not taking precautions thrown at you when you report it. although ive no doubt that an insurance compant would claim its the wrong sort of padlock

If you were sure there was only one of them, it’s a pity you didn’t sneak around and shut the bast in, carry on next morning and leave him miles away or outside a Police station.

i was loaded with all sorts of furniture, the padlock is/was a fairly chunky one, or so i thought.
but as with anything, if someone is determined they’ll find a way of getting through!

Rob9b:
i was loaded with all sorts of furniture, the padlock is/was a fairly chunky one, or so i thought.
but as with anything, if someone is determined they’ll find a way of getting through!

If they got through that then they were out to rob, Rob. Nothing more you could have done.

A.

Thank god you work for a company that pays you to be a security guard overnight.

Honked:
Thank god you work for a company that pays you to be a security guard overnight.

Hoping that is irony, because what I, and most, get for a night out does not begin to cover me potentially g etting my head kicked in if I was daft enough to get out and confront them.
My deterrent stops at switching on the engine. No real love for my firm so if they get robbed tough ■■■■ I reckon.

Irony it was. I wonder if they would blame the driver as the wrong type of lock was used but the company said they will allow £5 allowance for him to buy one.

As you, I would turn my engine on, but only to build uo air in case I need to drive away.

Unfortunately several years ago an overnighting Wilkos drive got a beating at Chester services for climbing out and confronting a bunch of lowlife. Ironically he only had rubbish filled cages on.

Sounds like the OP’s boss should invest in a few Abloy 362 closed shackle locks, but for £5 he may as well use a ty-wrap.

Notimetoulouse:
ive no doubt that an insurance compant would claim its the wrong sort of padlock

Probably the wrong sort of parking ?
I did wonder if the OP’s boss is someone who wouldn’t pay for him to park at Normanton truckstop

it’s a company issued padlock, hardened steel at that. as robroy said, the most ill ever do is turn the engine on and hope they leg it, id never get out and confront them, just not worth it.

the firm do pay parking if i need to, i just prefer a quiet industrial estate.

Rob9b:

Some may knock you for that mate, but I certainly won’t.
You should not have to plan your life around pond life and arse holes.
I only use truckstops if carrying valuable loads, you get a lot of gob ■■■■■ s on these places doing changeovers, and also general noisy inconsiderate ■■■■ starting up and on tickover for 10mins :imp: etc etc.
I prefer my own little corners that I have used for years with no probs.

Many years ago…

A driver I knew would smear dogs muck on the padlock.

years ago a guy I knew woke up middle of night in his campervan to the sound of moaning and groaning…he went outside where he fell over a macodougall writhing around on the ground surrounded by a fuel can,a hose and various pools of vomit as his mate was scarpering quicktime…the inbreds were out on the rob for diesel.the only downside was they stuck the hose into his chemical waste flap,and downed a mouthfull of chemicals and liquid manure.(im saying manure as you cant say ■■■■■■■ :smiley:

robroy:
If you were sure there was only one of them, it’s a pity you didn’t sneak around and shut the bast in, carry on next morning and leave him miles away or outside a Police station.

Knowing the way this country works, you would get fined £2000 for having an illegal immigrant in your trailer, and he would get off scot free…

robroy:

Rob9b:

Some may knock you for that mate, but I certainly won’t.
You should not have to plan your life around pond life and arse holes.
I only use truckstops if carrying valuable loads, you get a lot of gob [zb] s on these places doing changeovers, and also general noisy inconsiderate ■■■■ starting up and on tickover for 10mins :imp: etc etc.
I prefer my own little corners that I have used for years with no probs.

I’ve been ‘lucky’ enough to have only been hit once over the years, that was for diesel. The company I worked for at the time wouldn’t pay for parking so it was pretty much industrial estates all the time when ready for a kip. I had just filled up not half an hour before and the little darlings drained almost the entire tank.

My boss told me to report it to the police anyway, and get an incident number, he didn’t seem overly worried about the diesel itself funnily enough, so I asked him why should I report it then, and he said as it was near a regular drop for us, and a lot of our drivers used that industrial estate, if plod know it’s going on, then they might put an unmarked car thru there on patrol of an evening and perhaps catch them in the act the next time. Which I thought was a fair enough point.

yourhavingalarf:
Many years ago…

A driver I knew would smear dogs muck on the padlock.

Did he carry it with him in a butty box?

Londontrucker123:
I’ve been ‘lucky’ enough to have only been hit once over the years, that was for diesel. The company I worked for at the time wouldn’t pay for parking so it was pretty much industrial estates all the time when ready for a kip. I had just filled up not half an hour before and the little darlings drained almost the entire tank.

My boss told me to report it to the police anyway, and get an incident number, he didn’t seem overly worried about the diesel itself funnily enough, so I asked him why should I report it then, and he said as it was near a regular drop for us, and a lot of our drivers used that industrial estate, if plod know it’s going on, then they might put an unmarked car thru there on patrol of an evening and perhaps catch them in the act the next time. Which I thought was a fair enough point.

Agree… Years ago, I used to pick up a backload of Re-bar from a South Wales steel company and parked nearby in a layby to get my head down like I usually did… Got woken up by local plod banging on my door and they said It’s advisable that I move elsewhere for the night as a few other drivers had notified them of theft/ attempted theft of fuel in recent weeks.

Honked:

No,sarcasm never really works doe’s it!!