Attempted thievery

bobbya:

Honked:
Thank god you work for a company that pays you to be a security guard overnight.

No,sarcasm never really works doe’s it!!

Would it work for 25p above minimum wage?

Honked:
Thank god you work for a company that pays you to be a security guard overnight.

i’m not an overnight security guard, just boils my urine when you get joe mcsmackaddict who can’t work/won’t work and tries to get his next score by taking from someone else.
i work hard, and in recognition my boss ensured i have a very nice truck to pootle around these fair isle in, and in return i take a decent enough wage and i take pride in what i drive.
it might have his name in the v5, but he knows (and refers to it) as my truck and i treat it as such.

incidentally who exactly guards your truck overnight? last i checked mway services don’t offer security personnel!

Good on ya mate, I jumped out of the rat race and joined the tufty club of day drivers, same money, less hours and the downside of getting to know the wife again.

I clock off at the end of my shift and set the night heater to come on an hour before I start again. Glad you didn’t turn into a hero though, as another thread points out - you need decent parking facilities.

I always thought it was supposed to be near impossible to drain a tank these days via the siphon with those anti-siphon things in the tank?

As for the load - I know the official line is to keep the back doors open if empty, but have seen an increasing number of trucks with one door pinned open and a full cargo in there while cab curtains closed. Is this a new idea to show its not worth nicking?

trevHCS:
I always thought it was supposed to be near impossible to drain a tank these days via the siphon with those anti-siphon things in the tank?

Anti symphony devices certainly make it more difficult to get the fuel out through the filler, which is why the thieves remove the fuel sender on top of the tank or simply drive a spike through the tank instead.

Anti syphon, not symphony. Bloody auto Predict! :blush: :blush:

the maoster:

trevHCS:

Anti symphony devices certainly make it more difficult to get the fuel out through the filler, which is why the thieves remove the fuel sender on top of the tank or simply drive a spike through the tank instead.

Anti syphon, not symphony. Bloody auto Predict! :blush: :blush:

+1

If they want it bad enough - and they obviously do… if they can’t get in at the filler cap, they will teach you a lesson to have the audacity to make life difficult for them, and drive a screwdriver / spike of some kind thru the side at the bottom. They’ll get it either way.

Just curious, anyone ever had a spike thru the tank, what’s the ‘procedure’ then?. Obviously there’s a genuine spill risk there of what may be left onto the road, it is a case of just sitting tight and a fitter coming out with a new tank and a bit of diesel to get you going, then off to the nearest services?

Be a lot of noise…

Banging a screwdriver through the tank. Not saying they wouldn’t do it that way but, thieves don’t like making a racket.

yourhavingalarf:
Be a lot of noise…

Banging a screwdriver through the tank. Not saying they wouldn’t do it that way but, thieves don’t like making a racket.

Not really…

Nice big screwdriver with a rag around the pointy end, one decent whack and you’re in.

They’re only aluminium after all. Look at how many you see with dents in them, they’re not very strong.

One of our had the corner cut open with an angle grinder. I don’t bother locking the cap anymore, easier to replace fuel than a tank and fuel.

yourhavingalarf:
Be a lot of noise…

Bottle jack with spike jacked up slowly…and quietly.
They don’t give a ■■■■ how much damage they cause or how much agg they cause you.
I would love to back over the ■■■■■ in the act.

Just avoid parking in industrial estates or lay-bys in South and West Yorkshire. Rife with theiving vermin

i was going to park in rotherham for the night, where i sometimes park, but i wanted an extra 30 mins lie in the following morning!

just glad nowt was taken, and it’s only a case of replacing the padlock.