Security with bad attitude

Hi all, Today I came across a security Guard at a customer that absolutely flipped out at me for just asking a polite question to a Different Security Guard, about where they prefer me to spin around. He butted in claiming that he had told me when I had arrived on site (shouting at me) I tried to politely but fermly explain that he didn’t but dident allow me to say that, Threterning to Ban me of site and inderctaly accuse me of lieing. The other security seemed very quiet. And at this time I Was very Angry but just wanted to get out of there and to de escalate the situation.
I did report the incerdent to my company but only to be told that they don’t whant to do anything about it (witch I do understand why) and I feel if I reported it to the Customer nothing will be done.
Its not the first time I have come across this type of situation but it only identifies that us Drivers are between a Rock and a Hard place. Especially with abuse of power and bullying. I honestly think Some Customers/ Security know this. And fully aware Drivers have little Recorse.
Luckily I rearly come across this, But dose highlight the need for some sort of support for drivers who come across this.

Why are you even bothered by some jumped up little prat on minimum wage on a power trip ■■

Tell him to go and ■■■■ himself if he talks to you like that :bulb: … and if he threatens to ban you off site, ask him to put it in writing in case somebody is going to let you on site in future by mistake, they can’t handle it if they see you don’t give a toss either way.

I tend to treat people as they treat me,.I can be the most friendliest polite guy you could wish to meet, or a complete arrogant ■■■■ if I’m provoked by the type of 2 hat you mention.

Tell your guvnor they’ve effectively refused the load by using threatening behaviour against you.Tell both the customer and your guvnor that’s a police matter.No different to a road rage incident.

Say you’re partially deaf and misheard. The thought of breaking some discrimination law tends to get them back in their kennel

Yep fully agree. But it strange position to be in when you have little to No actual Recorese unlike most other jobs where at lest, if you have issues like this there are set and clear procedures to follow or a chane to report up. Due to lack of consequence for there action due to them being almost free to try to intimidate/ bully people who they think they have power over.
I openly etmit if he try’s it again I’ll probably stop and recrest to speak with his big boss or the manager of the company. And escalate sensibly. Due people like that do make the job harder and more stressful. I am a big bolever in if there is a issue is to face up to it and try to resolve it. But personally like most other Drivers / workers all I would like is to Get on with my work without the thret of Intimerdacion or Bullying. I very much agree treat people haw you expect to be treated.
The main reason why I brought this up hear to at least get people thinking about the issue and bring a little light to it. Not that I hold any of the keys to fully resolve it.

Thing is mate we all know of the issue - its not a new thing and its not limited to gatehouse staff. Give some people some sense of authority and they will abuse it. That bloke who was a driver but is now in the office and has forgot he was ever a driver is one example, civil enforcement officers another and I’ve even come across the odd truck driver who thinks they’re special with divine rights :open_mouth:

Just shrug it off and remember that the interaction involved accounts for a miniscule moment of your life :slight_smile:

Stevo87:
Yep fully agree. But it strange position to be in when you have little to No actual Recorese unlike most other jobs where at lest, if you have issues like this there are set and clear procedures to follow or a chane to report up. Due to lack of consequence for there action due to them being almost free to try to intimidate/ bully people who they think they have power over.
I openly etmit if he try’s it again I’ll probably stop and recrest to speak with his big boss or the manager of the company. And escalate sensibly. Due people like that do make the job harder and more stressful. I am a big bolever in if there is a issue is to face up to it and try to resolve it. But personally like most other Drivers / workers all I would like is to Get on with my work without the thret of Intimerdacion or Bullying. I very much agree treat people haw you expect to be treated.
The main reason why I brought this up hear to at least get people thinking about the issue and bring a little light to it. Not that I hold any of the keys to fully resolve it.

Email the CEO or Managing Director of the company you delivered to and complain.

Thing is mate we all know of the issue - its not a new thing and its not limited to gatehouse staff. Give some people some sense of authority and they will abuse it. That bloke who was a driver but is now in the office and has forgot he was ever a driver is one example, civil enforcement officers another and I’ve even come across the odd truck driver who thinks they’re special with divine rights :open_mouth:

Just shrug it off and remember that the interaction involved accounts for a miniscule moment of your life :slight_smile:
————————————————————————————————————————-
But shrugging of dose work, to a degree but only builds the issue. And Yep I agree it will always be there and always have people who think they are special or powerful and abuse there positions. But as said if you don’t stand up to it it will only build there confidence. And weeken are own. But yep mostly if it’s one time I do let it slide depending on the situation.

msgyorkie:

Stevo87:

Email the CEO or Managing Director of the company you delivered to and complain.

Please ensure you have a competent and educated person on hand to proofread your email before clicking the ‘send’ button.

Mick Bracewell:

msgyorkie:

Stevo87:

Please ensure you have a competent and educated person on hand to proofread your email before clicking the ‘send’ button.

Couldn’t agree more.

Fully feel the point being made. Came across a similar ■■■■■■■ myself last week.
But to be taken seriously, you have to have a modicum of orthography.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Best way to deal with this is , ok you have banned me so delivery refused sign here please and leave. Let your office know and deal with it. It works!

JIMBO47:
Best way to deal with this is , ok you have banned me so delivery refused sign here please and leave. Let your office know and deal with it. It works!

I’m trying to get banned from Aldi, nothing I say or do works :smiling_imp:
No problem with Lidl as they’re less ■■■■ about things…

Yes there is one way guaranteed ,but you have to be prepared for the fall out,that is the old spread axle routine when backed on to bay before heading in to unload.remember to smile and wave at the camera :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Remember a guy from TH Birds years ago booking out as I was booking in arguing with security because he’d done something trivial and security man said”your banned off site for 2 week” to which he replied “make it 2 year,I f@@king hate coming here anyway”
I couldn’t stop laughing as there motors used to say Thunderbirds are go on em and he was off :smiley: :smiley:

That would not have been at Swindon by any chance?

Yorkielad:
Remember a guy from TH Birds years ago booking out as I was booking in arguing with security because he’d done something trivial and security man said”your banned off site for 2 week” to which he replied “make it 2 year,I f@@king hate coming here anyway”
I couldn’t stop laughing as there motors used to say Thunderbirds are go on em and he was off :smiley: :smiley:

It makes me laugh when you go to some hell hole that is a complete pain in the arse to go to,.and they threaten to ban you as if it’s a bad thing,.when in reality they’re doing you a favour. :smiley:
On the other hand, there’s a story going around Egger’s at Hexham, (who have their new system which takes up to 4 hours longer than their old system, and includes a 20 strap rule)
One of Gerry Jones (South Wales) drivers refused to put 20 straps on a load that only needed 10 in real world,.after an argument he was sent out, and banned…and then sacked by his firm.
Any Jones drivers on here that can verify that?.., or is it b/s put out by Eggers to make you think twice about arguing.

Gotta feel sorry for them - pokey shed in reality complete with chipped coffee mugs, unhygienic microwave, low rent girlie calendar on the wall two years old, brown carpet/lino thats coated in grime.

Minimum wage, knackered Nissan Almera.

Acting badly is the only joy they have.

Should feel sorry for them. :unamused: :unamused:

Mick Bracewell:

msgyorkie:

Stevo87:

:laughing: :laughing:

I find smiling helps

DAF95XF:

JIMBO47:

I’m trying to get banned from Aldi, nothing I say or do works :smiling_imp:
No problem with Lidl as they’re less ■■■■ about things…

I heard someone got banned out of lild for purposely tipping the pallets over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got told lighting up a pipe has the same effect …or was it a cigar yo lit up wullie?! , in case my friend doesn’t answer life ban , according to him the security tried to take his photo for the ban . ? Didn’t think they are permitted to do that are they?. Not like the old days when I walked from a big employer ,they banned me for life from even pulling one o their trailers or setting foot in anyo their yards. Hehe didn’t like when I stood my ground over underpaid wages and caused a scene in the office, got my money eventually. :sunglasses: