Simpson bros birtley

Hi lads does anyone know the job situation there. I personally know a lass that runs some of the transport there and was speaking to her on Friday. She is desperate for class 2 drivers and asked me to pop in and see her ; trouble is she says that she runs an agency through them so not sure if I would be working for Simpsons or agency. Don’t want to commit as already got full time job and don’t want to lose money. Any help much appreciated.

Is it Simpsons or APC :question: :question: as both at the same place 1 is normally local multi drop on vans not sure about the Cat C they also have artics not as big as they were mind

Know someone who worked there for 18 years as a Cat CE driver before moving on he liked there work was ok money not bad

Depends who you working for now

Cheers animal I know it isn’t the parcel side of things as the lass said she needed drivers to pull out of a factory I used to do. She just didn’t make it clear whether on the books or through their own agency. Just seems daft to pack full time job in to go on agency and risk getting no work if you no what I mean.

Defo dont give up full time job to go agency

Not sure if they run there own agency there or use 1 of the many others in the area

Give them a call & find out more but be clear on what info you want

Like I said animal mate I know the lass personally from a factory I used to go to and when I spoke to her on Friday she said that they had set up their own agency. Seems they have plenty of work tramping too but she never went into full details or wages etc.

Have you tried asking her again? If you already know her she wont have anything to hide!

Well went today for the chat still not sure though money isn’t too bad actually more than I thought. Trouble is that your self employed which I ain’t that keen on she said she would keep me for the contract out of the factory where I used to run out of got new or newish trucks specially for the job tail lifts needed but no mention of having own vehicle. So guess could be cab hopping with some tramp or whatever . Decisions decisions any advice much appreciated chaps.

When you say the money isn’t too bad, have you factored in the fact you will have to pay your own stamp? You won’t get holidays or holiday pay. I’ve been self employed driving trucks, trust me there’s a lot to be said for being a paid employee!!
I’ve never worked for Simpsons but from what I hear they are no better than any other mob round the NE. Think long and hard before packing in a full time job in order to get into a situation with no guarantees whatsoever.

Cheers Bruce mate never ever been in that situation mate so all advice gladly accepted. Have been around today and put a few CVS into various places and had some good response and actual chats face to face with people. In all don’t think I’ll be starting with Simpsons .

A wise decision grasshopper.

Cheers slack bladder mate just want to do a honest days work for a honest days pay no matter where I have to go

Quote `She is desperate for class 2 drivers

I`m class 1, can you give her my number :laughing: :laughing: sorry !