Bedfords transport ltd (west yorks)

does any one know where they are based and have a link for their website?

has any one worked for them before? if so what are they like?

thanks in advance :wink:

hi daz can’t get a website addy 4 u but got address and phone number

PHEASANT DRIVE
GELDERD ROAD INDUSTRIAL ESTATE
BIRSTALL
BATLEY
WEST YORKSHIRE
WF17 9LT

TEL 01924 422456
FAX 01924 422437

hope this is of some help to you :wink:

Have loaded there before, seem friendly bunch of people, they have Volvo FH’s and Iveco stralis.
Sorry that its not very much help :blush: :blush: :blush:

Hi Daz,

I did a bit of work for them a few years ago via the agency. They are just off J27 (M62/M621 split) just round the corner from Crossroads Commercials.(Volvo)

They were a good bunch to work for, the tackle ranged from new to about 5-6 years old and it all seemed in very good order. From what I can remember most of the office was run either by the family or by ex drivers. Most of the work I did for them was magazine/publishing, or running trailers down the road to swap with other drivers. The drivers seemed a good bunch always willing to put you right with directions etc.

As I say I only worked for them via the agency but the guys a meet seemed happy with their lot. Most of them tramped with 3-5 nights out a week and as I remember a few worked nights tramping and had days out in the cab.

I’m trying to remember the name of the bloke who ran the show on nights but his name escapes at the mo, but he was a top man. If you rang him with any problems he was always more than helpful. Within a couple of times of going in there he knew you by name, and I was always treated as a name not a number.

Give them a bell, it’s a family run company and you could do a lot worse.

thanks for the replies fellas,very help full :smiley: i think ill give them a bell tomorrow and find out the score :wink:

sounds good though judging by your replies,thanks again :smiley:

hi ej i used to meet lots of their lads, all good bunch,the only downsides i found off them were they have a lot of weekend work,and some drivers said when they lost the polestar contract they struggled for hours
they also use a lot of double deck trailers
let us know how you go on
ps the fitters get a lot of praise for all the odd jobs they do for the lads,elec points etc
jon

Jock you have a PM :exclamation:

The transport manager at Bedfords has been my best mate since 1973 :laughing:

Pat Hasler:
Jock you have a PM :exclamation:

The transport manager at Bedfords has been my best mate since 1973 :laughing:

bleeding hell Pat small world innit

How did you go on Daz?

thanks for the replies again fella`s…unfortunatley i didnt get chance to phone them as planned today but i will keep you posted :smiley:

thanks for the PM pat,ive sent you one back mate :wink: :smiley:

mop `n bucket firm… :laughing:

TONY:
mop `n bucket firm… :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: … :wink:

phoned them today,only job they had available was class2 on multi drop unfortunatley.
not up for that so i had to decline.
seemed friendly enough just not what i`m looking for :frowning:

(doing a bit of casual for a mate at mo so that will keep me going for now :wink: )