R W Simpson Transport Ltd

R W Simpson transport require class 1 day/night drivers at their Sheffield,Mereside and Paddockwood depots.Does anyone have any information about them?conditions, pay, etc.ta :slight_smile:

Why don’t you apply and get the answers straight from the horses mouth.

xjrv8:
Why don’t you apply and get the answers straight from the horses mouth.

Because you don’t always get the full story from the gaffer, they sometimes like to paint a more rosey picture than is actual fact.

You cant beat the first hand experience of the company. Get the drivers take on things.

Posts like this have appeared before, bad things are said because someone has a grudge against a company, and you will get various drivers saying good and bad things…so you are none the wiser. I think if you are experienced enough you should be able to tell if the wool is being pulled over your eyes.

if youve seen that they want drivers off there website then they dont thats always been on there website that there looking for drivers.

i remmber an article about them in a trucking magazine a while ago, saying mostly night work, sleeping in the day.

i can beleve this seen them a lot in the markets

This was at like 12:30 in the morning at spitalfields, i like there trucks :smiley: dunno obvisouly what there like to work for

Just looked at the website, on the surface they look very good nice motors etc, but whats the money like.

Spoke to their TM on thursday, asked me to send cv by email, he was off on friday so hoping to hear something tomorrow, let you all know

i applied couple of months ago off that ad never heard a thing. talking to one off there drivers last year at hull docks he said the company was great to work for but the pay did let it down then he said it was just over ÂŁ7 and half quid an hour but that was a year ago.

When i spoke to the guy on thursday he did say they are looking for drivers, was their Paddock Wood depot though

Evening all,i sent an application form off to them on friday,so hopefully i might here something back this week.

Motors in Kent are all serviced at Main dealers (Maidstone Commercials)

They do work out of Sheerness docks on fruit, so London markets will be on the cards.

The ones I spoke to when I was on MRS were a fairly happy bunch, usual gripes but nothing serious, mostly money, we were on more on MRS ;o) They seem to run a tight ship hours wise as well…

I`ve phoned em, nothing going out of sheffield atm

Just phoned Paddock Wood, the bloke i spoke to has been told to hang fire on the interviews, but he told me i was in the pile of applications…sounds like he has had quite a few :cry: