macfarlane's

hi all

i’m after some feedback on macfarlanes, i know all about the pay and lorrys, i’m just after some info on what they’re like generally to work for.

Any info gratefully received

Cheers
D

Whats the pay? .

Think Jessicas dad may have info, if i remember rightly he did a bit for them, dont think you will like what hes got to say though! :wink:

jammymutt:
Whats the pay? .

I’ve been told it’s -

£7.10ph for the 1st 50 hours, then £8.00ph for anything over. Minus 1 hour perday for break!!!

Not the best money in the world, but it’s not really an issue for me, just wanna be working for someone that leaves you alone just so long as the job gets done.

kindle530:
Think Jessicas dad may have info, if i remember rightly he did a bit for them, dont think you will like what hes got to say though! :wink:

Its ok, i’m only after the truth, even if its bad, would rather find out they’re a pile of pants before i go there :smiley:

Do firms still knock breaks of? as that comes of the o/t thats £40 per week they claw back, ■■■■■■■■ to that.

As someone who also did some agency work for them a while back…AVOID.

Unless of course,you like nice shiney trucks.

Ken.

Daveyboy:

jammymutt:
Whats the pay? .

I’ve been told it’s -

£7.10ph for the 1st 50 hours, then £8.00ph for anything over. Minus 1 hour perday for break!!!

Not the best money in the world, but it’s not really an issue for me, just wanna be working for someone that leaves you alone just so long as the job gets done.

£ 7.10ph :open_mouth:

i think its the same as longs of leeds really…

a lot of messing about, you get a new wagon, a lot of drivers are long term but the money is rubbish

i personally would go back to longs of leeds myself.

Yes i admit the money is pretty poor, but as i said it’s not really that much of an issue for me.
I’m just looking for somewhere that’ll leave me alone to do the job, and treat me with a smidgen of respect, and are friendly and amicable…

Daveyboy:
Yes i admit the money is pretty poor, but as i said it’s not really that much of an issue for me.
I’m just looking for somewhere that’ll leave me alone to do the job, and treat me with a smidgen of respect, and are friendly and amicable..

oh well mac’s aint for you then :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

they treat you like **** bother you all the time and treat you with no respect :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

So do most places if truth be told i guess, but thanks for the advice and honesty, maybe i’ll look some place else. :slight_smile:

Daveyboy:
So do most places if truth be told i guess, but thanks for the advice and honesty, maybe i’ll look some place else. :slight_smile:

try carlsberg tetley,they were after drivers /draymen a few weeks ago,good money and loads of free ale.

Warrior:

Daveyboy:

try carlsberg tetley,they were after drivers /draymen a few weeks ago,good money and loads of free ale.

Will do, thankyou mate.

Tell ya, money aint always the b-all etc. Me i`m on £7.25 a/h from the moment I start till I finish, including breaks. The main thing is I can start anytime I want 3am-8am as I drive a powder tank to London mon/friday. Also no bleedin cab phone,so no grief, Can go all week without speaking to traffic office.

Daveyboy:
hi all

i’m after some feedback on macfarlanes, i know all about the pay and lorrys, i’m just after some info on what they’re like generally to work for.

Cheers
D

Warehousing and Transport

Lovlyperson:

Daveyboy:
hi all

Cheers
D

thanks for your input. :confused: :confused: :confused:

jessicas dad:

Lovlyperson:

Daveyboy:
hi all

Cheers
D

thanks for your input. :confused: :confused: :confused:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

LOL@JD!!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

its ok marcus i aim to please. :wink: