Sea France problems?

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/kent/7839180.stm

i dont think there will be too many tears over this.
just hope a rescue plan doesnt come into operation.

good ridence to em

It’s been known for ages they were in trouble. There’s a new service starting up going to Dieppe and Calais soon.

Harry Monk:
It’s been known for ages they were in trouble. There’s a new service starting up going to Dieppe and Calais soon.

SNCF, the French railways, are refusing to support them any longer.

Harry the two new services are : Dov - Boul and Dov - Dieppe. Both are being run by LD Lines

Yes, obviously when I said Calais, what I meant was Boulogne! :wink:

we use seafrance all the time not because of any price difference (they are £10 cheaper than P&O) but because they are much quicker. I arrived at calais yesterday afternoon to see long ques but when i got past the scanner they were all for P&O, I went straight to a booth for seafrance and was on the ferry 20 minutes later. This seems to be happening all the time for the last 6 months or so :question: :question:

The booking office is already in place Harry :stuck_out_tongue:

I used the Norman Voyager on Wednesday. If they can match that then P&O will be gone too. :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:

I used the Norman Voyager on Wednesday. If they can match that then P&O will be gone too. :stuck_out_tongue:

Are the LD services running already? I went on the website and they said 12 Feb?
Got a trip in the Van next week and would like to try it out and see if it’s suitable for the truck.

muckles:

Wheel Nut:

Are the LD services running already? I went on the website and they said 12 Feb?
Got a trip in the Van next week and would like to try it out and see if it’s suitable for the truck.

Not in Dover yet. The booking office is there, well it is a cabin next to the bungalow. I used the Norman Shipper out of Le Havre.

Wheel Nut:

Its really quite brilliant isn’t it!? LD seem to be a company that treats freight drivers like they are human. I was on it a couple of weeks ago, 23 hour jobby from Rosslare to Le Harve.