sea france

Thetaff:
Hey james tell britlad to get his ■■■ up to the truckstop in Dover and I will buy him a pint :smiley:

I would taff but i am surrounded by the taliban :imp: and just been told it´s going to be the midnight boat :open_mouth:

Barge yer’ way out!

Got to dover 4.30 pm checked in next sailing drive is 9.20 its packed down here
full to the rafters

From the Kent Messenger:

SeaFrance workers will have to wait until November 16 to find out their fate.

Crunch talks to decide the future of the giant ferry firm in Paris yesterday lasted a gruelling five hours.

None of the options tabled to rescue the stricken company - including a buy-out and liquidation - was ruled out.

The court deferred the decision to fully explore all the options.

SeaFrance has been in administration since last year and now the EU has decided a financial rescue package from French firm SNCF can’t go ahead.

The firm’s crossings returned to normal today after a day of protest yesterday.

kentonline.co.uk/kentonline/ … rance.aspx

I think the best thing that could happen is Sea France gets wound up, all the useless staff get made redundant and somebody that actually has some idea of how to run ferries comes in and takes over the routes. Preferably by not employing anyone who’s ever worked for europes worst ferry company. I’d get on one of those tin pot Greek operators like Agoudimous Lines again before I’d willingly set foot on a Sea France crate again.

switchlogic:
I think the best thing that could happen is Sea France gets wound up, all the useless staff get made redundant and somebody that actually has some idea of how to run ferries comes in and takes over the routes. Preferably by not employing anyone who’s ever worked for europes worst ferry company. I’d get on one of those tin pot Greek operators like Agoudimous Lines again before I’d willingly set foot on a Sea France crate again.

You want to hope the Sea France Employees buyout doesn’t happen, apparently each ship is offered at €1 a piece.

Only two takeover bids for the ailing Calais-Dover operator remain on the table - one from Danish group, DFDS, in association with France’s Louis Dreyfus Armateurs (LDA ) and other from a co-operative of SeaFrance workers. Being Bang has withdrawn its offer.

The workers co-op bid, backed by the CFDT union, centres on retaining all SeaFrance staff on permanent contracts, with the exception of several senior executives, and a further 200 workers on fixed-term contracts.

The co-op would acquire SeaFrance’s fleet of four vessels for a token €1.

To run the “new” SeaFrance, the co-op would require as yet unidentified investors stumping up working capital of €50 million — in the event of market conditions remaining stable— or up to €80 million if a new economic crisis developed

In the event the court rejects the two bids on 16 November, SeaFrance would be liquidated.

Jesus that’s the funniest thing I’ve heard all week, a Sea France workers co op taking over! Hilarious! A case of the lunatics taking over the asylum if ever I saw one. If that happened I’d give them 6 months max.

Personally I think DFDS and P&O should drop their rates to pennies for a couple of months and drive Sea France into the ground, then step in and take up the slack.

I agree completely with luke about how bad sea france are, given the choice i would cross with P&O 2nd i would swim and pull the truck in a dinghy before using sea france :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I have to use them quite often, the only plus side is that there never seems to be a queue at the check in booths

luke are you on drugs !!! 6 months ■■? they would’nt last 6 min before arguing with each other before striking !!!

switchlogic:
Jesus that’s the funniest thing I’ve heard all week, a Sea France workers co op taking over! Hilarious! A case of the lunatics taking over the asylum if ever I saw one. If that happened I’d give them 6 months max.

Personally I think DFDS and P&O should drop their rates to pennies for a couple of months and drive Sea France into the ground, then step in and take up the slack.

In the Kent online news yesterday it mentioned this, it said when SeaFarce went on strike the other operators were able to take up the slack quite easily.

switchlogic:

I vote for BERTIE. :smiley:

I’ve just been on the phone to britlad who’s sat in a massive queue in dover, he got to the booking in booth for the crossing to dunkirk at 3 pm expecting to get on the 4pm departure.
the bloke in the booth tells him the next space is on the 10pm sailing, when asking what the delay is he replies “sea france have just gone bust and their stopping sailings immediately”
now i realise that threads starting rumours about companies going bust usually get locked but any information on this big developement would be appreciated by a lot of members

From Sea France’s website

News and important information

Industrial Action
Following a call for industrial action by one of our trade unions, we regret to inform you of that our services are disrupted on Tuesday 25th October. Should you need to contact us, please call on 0871 423 7119 . We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

so it could be industrial action and the guy in the booth for norfolk line is full of ■■■■ or they could have problems and using the familiar “french industrial action” as cover :confused:

they’re striking on the French side, tourist traffic ex Calais is being diverted to other operators but no such deal on the Dover side.

Tommorrow is D day for seafrance in the Courts Re; their win ding up / take over. The EU has blocked any funding of the struggling carrier, and it’s believed the DFDS / LD take over will be given the green light.
Opinion is the strike on the French side is a last minute hissy fit by the crews.

Could get interesting as there are 4 Seafrance ships and 4 free berths in Calais. Just speculation but could be they get a bit more bolshy overnight and tie up all the berths in Calais…

ifw-net.com/freightpubs/ifw/ … 913714.htm

Maybe they are on a last ditch strike but only because they have lost their fight for restructuring from the EU

Takeover now the only hope for troubled ferry operator!

ifw-net.com/freightpubs/ifw/ … 913714.htm

thisiskent.co.uk/Future-SeaF … story.html

Sea Chance have gone :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey james tell britlad to get his ■■■ up to the truckstop in Dover and I will buy him a pint :smiley:

Thetaff:

if he starts drinking with you he won’t make the ferry tonight or maybe even early tomorrow :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

welshboyinspain:

Thetaff:

if he starts drinking with you he won’t make the ferry tonight or maybe even early tomorrow :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:open_mouth: I have no idea what you mean!! :smiley: :smiley: