Dover is ok!

Just for anyone heading this was SeaFrance are still not sailing but P&O seem to be on a roll. Got here at 10.30 and sailing at 12.05. Just goes to show Dover can cope fine without SeaFrance

Where are you off to this morning Luke?

It’s a quiet time of the week though, I imagine it will be a different story tomorrow afternoon.

I’m off the the nether regions, or Holland as many like to call it. I enjoy going there, one of my favourite countries.

switchlogic:
Just for anyone heading this was SeaFrance are still not sailing but P&O seem to be on a roll. Got here at 10.30 and sailing at 12.05. Just goes to show Dover can cope fine without SeaFrance

How come you didn’t opt for the train or is it not up to you ?

No it’s up to office. It’s always ferry unless we’re in a rush.

Better choice the ferry I don’t like going underground let alone underground under the water .

Well by the end of today we will know the future of Seafrance. In my opinion I hope they go for good worst ferries I’ve ever been on.

my translation is a bit rusty, but i’m pretty sure this says a liquidation order was raised ;

lesechos.fr/entreprises-sect … 249870.php

…right, ran it through a translate program, Seafrance have been given till the 12th Dec for someone to rescue them as the DFDS/LD bid was not satisfactory. If nothing is received by then the assets will be liquidated.

Derf:
my translation is a bit rusty, but i’m pretty sure this says a liquidation order was raised ;

…right, ran it through a translate program, Seafrance have been given till the 12th Dec for someone to rescue them as the DFDS/LD bid was not satisfactory. If nothing is received by then the assets will be liquidated.

Just found out from another forum I’m on that they plan to liquidate by 28th Jan 2012

CALAIS-Dover ferry operator SeaFrance has been thrown a two-month lifeline after the court at the Tribunal de Commerce de Paris put it into judicial liquidation, but allowed it to continue to trade until January 28.

The company now has a breathing space in which to attract new offers. These offers must be lodged by December 12. SeaFrance, part-owned by SNCF, has been under huge pressure from Channel Tunnel operations and has been in administration after making €240 million losses last year.

Two bids to buy SeaFrance were on the table before the tribunal this morning - one from a DFDS/LD Lines consortium which has offered €5 million while an employee cooperative has offered a symbolic €1 - and these were judged insufficient.

SeaFrance yesterday suspended all cross-Channel services for 48 hours and its ferries were ■■■■■■■ overnight at Calais with crews on board. There had been fears that an attempt would be made to stage a sit-in if the DFDS/LD Lines offer had been accepted.

It’s finished then thank god. 2 months 2 years 2 whatever it won’t magically conjure something amazing in a couple of months, they haven’t in the several years this has been going on.

switchlogic:
It’s finished then thank god. 2 months 2 years 2 whatever it won’t magically conjure something amazing in a couple of months, they haven’t in the several years this has been going on.

I will miss the frequency of service, cleanliness of the ships, the cheerful and co-operative crew and the delicious and economically priced food… or am I thinking of something else? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Harry, any chance you could email your signature to seafrance?

I for one will not miss the crazy antics of Seafrance and their over inflated opinion of themselves but, be careful… Dover (and Eurotunnel) is a delicate mix of supply and demand - when supply is reduced (less vessels) then demand naturally grows… so does the price. Rates have been falling for the last 3 to 5 years and it is no longer unusual to hear of even small hauliers paying £130 for a ferry crossing. A ferry company cannot survive on low rates (or low volume brought about by higher rates!).

Harry Monk:

switchlogic:

I will miss the frequency of service, cleanliness of the ships, the cheerful and co-operative crew and the delicious and economically priced food… or am I thinking of something else? :confused: :confused: :confused:

HARRY WAKE UP, WAKE UP. Try and leave the bottles under the bench for a while, you’re at your limit.

Nothing can turn that shambles around. They have had enough shots fired across the bows in the past year or so and it hasn’t made any difference.

S’il vous plaît ne sera pas quelqu’un pense aux enfants.

Coffeeholic:
S’il vous plaît ne sera pas quelqu’un pense aux enfants.

Non, encoulez les enfants. :wink:

Harry Monk:
Non, encoulez les enfants. :wink:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: Bouche.Lavage.Immediatement. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: