scania

:open_mouth: right folks in all my many years as a driver picking up my 1st scania tomorrow its 18months old automatic 500 bhp are they all there made out to be its a topline cab
Q1 is the auto box like my old merc amd MAN? or in otherwords any tricks i should know about incase the handbook is missin
Q2 is the top bunk still in that silly place above the windscreen?
Q3 is it any good? not intressed in spotlights, flags ,whistles etc as they dont pay my bills its only something to drive and sleep in.

Hi Malcolm,
I have an R series with the opticruise and all i can say is its the worse auto box on the market. It still has the clutch pedal but only for setting off and stopping but one good thing is you have more clutch control.
On the R series they moved the top bunk to the rear of the cab which i think was a bad idea by Scania.
All in all scania are not as good as they used to be.

I agree with Ex muppet on that one Malcolm i got a 5 series after haveing the older 580 and i liked the over the front bed i felt a lot more secure and out of the way of gas etc while in dodgy parts of europe the only downside it was hot till things cooled down.Don.t reccon much to the rRseries bed where you have to pull the trays out to sort the bed on the bottom bunk scania have got the driving position controls ect spot on but the auto box is crap when compaired to say the volvo i shift KLUNK
PS anybody want center dash tray for a R series