What would you choose

Ive been offered a new scania with the high R cab on it or wait till march and get another volvo fh.The scania is a 450 but the volvo will be a 500 and both would be fitted with the fridge and microwave option.Ive drove the new scania it is good truck to drive but i do like the volvo so thought i would ask to see what peoples opinion was on them and what they would pick.

Colin a little advice for you fella.You are the one that will have to drive the truck day in day out.Every driver has their own preferences about different vehicles so my advice would be to make you own decision.Personally I have always preferred Scanias but then again I have not driven the latest Volvo.I would also tell my boss I wanted a manual gearbox.

You’d need to ask somebody who has had experience of both Colin, to get a decent comparison.
Luke springs to mind.

Im not too knowledgable on either but having driven them both my personal preference would be the Volvo. The one I drove was immensly comfortable compared to the scania.
But thats my personal opinion

New Scania R series every day , the handbrake on the new Volvos frightens the life out of me :open_mouth:

I would nearly have always gone for the Volvo just for the iShift alone, but hearing the feedback from drivers regarding the new Scania it’s getting hard to ignore.

noreversing:
New Scania R series every day , the handbrake on the new Volvos frightens the life out of me :open_mouth:

Thats exactly what I just came back on to add. Id forgotten about how ridiculous it was. I could hardly get it to “lock” and I just didnt trust it one little bit.
Volvo for comfort but for piece of mind, the scania

Scania please, don’t like Volvo!

I’ve drove both lately though volvos were 460
I think , and I’d have scania , more of a drivers truck , doesn’t wallow like a Volvo when your pushing on A roads , just won’t hold the line like a scania , born out by mate running with me the other week , me scania , him Volvo and he backed out in end as he said he felt he was going to loose it once or twice whereas I felt I was on rails
If you Pootle around either would do I m o h o but if you like to get a move on , scania

I’d quite forgotten about Volvo’s toytown parking brake, and Scania appear from what i read to have addressed some of their far too long running issues, ie ride quality, seating, slow gearbox and utterly useless exhaust brake, so my vote would go with the Scania…unless you run heavy over hilly terrain with lots of junctions that need swift getaways in which case the extra power from the Volvo might just be worth having.

If I were you Colin I would choose to smile. :wink:
Nice to have that choice.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Both good mate. My new Scania at Thompson’s was the ■■■■■■■■ to be fair.

(S500 not a cack girlie’s R cab though) :grimacing:

robroy:
You’d need to ask somebody who has had experience of both Colin, to get a decent comparison.
Luke springs to mind.

I drove a new scania last year but that was the S580 V8 so cant really use that to compare.Im driving a volvo nkw and i do like them not often you get a choice.

Juddian:
I’d quite forgotten about Volvo’s toytown parking brake, and Scania appear from what i read to have addressed some of their far too long running issues, ie ride quality, seating, slow gearbox and utterly useless exhaust brake, so my vote would go with the Scania…unless you run heavy over hilly terrain with lots of junctions that need swift getaways in which case the extra power from the Volvo might just be worth having.

Not alot if hills mainly motorways now unless i go up north of scotland which now is not that often so the extra 50 horses would help but not really needed.

eagerbeaver:
My new Scania at Thompson’s was the ■■■■■■■■ to be fair.

:

Followed one of his Mercs through the roadworks at Knutsford last night Beav, he hit the metal barrier on the nearside, I bet there was a bit of damage to the n/side step and bumper.

eagerbeaver:
Both good mate. My new Scania at Thompson’s was the ■■■■■■■■ to be fair.

(S500 not a cack girlie’s R cab though) :grimacing:

Not my pennies buying it so dont get a choice in that department.I could say i dont want the microwave but want an S cab instead :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

robroy:

eagerbeaver:
My new Scania at Thompson’s was the ■■■■■■■■ to be fair.

:

Followed one of his Mercs through the roadworks at Knutsford last night Beav, he hit the metal barrier on the nearside, I bet there was a bit of damage to the n/side step and bumper.

Probably one of the Romanian superstars Rob :unamused:

Scania S450 is it or a new last of the R450■■

FH500 will blow the arse clean off them both and is a cracking drivers motor!!!

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Big Truck:
Scania S450 is it or a new last of the R450■■

FH500 will blow the arse clean off them both and is a cracking drivers motor!!!

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

No its a new next gen R450 with the bigger cab but i do like the volvo.

Got to be the Volvo Col, don’t let this be you…l