Opinion's needed please!

I HAVE EVERYTHING IN PLACE TO START UP ON MY OWN THE BEGINNING OF NEXT YEAR. THE DILEMMA IS AND I KNOW IT IS A NICE ONE TO BE IN BUT I’M TORN BETWEEN EITHER,
1/ SCANIA TOPLINE 560 CLASSIC
2/ DAF XF 105.110 SUPERSPACE

I WAS DEADSET ON THE SCANIA BUT AFTER GOING TO TRUCKFEST AT HAYDOCK, DAVID G DAVIES WAS SHOWING A 105 AND I COULD’NT BELIEVE THE SPACE AND THEY LOOKED AWESOME. DO’NT GET ME WRONG THE SCANIA IS A NICE TRUCK BUT THERE IS JUST ABOUT ENOUGH SPACE TO PUT A CHANGE OF PANTS IF YOUR LUCKY. ANY INFO AND PICS FROM DRIVERS OF THESE TWO WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANKS SHAUN

if only i had 80000 + to spend on my first truck and new buisness :open_mouth:

id go with a nice 143 scanny :wink: :wink:

jon

hold on give me a couple of weeks to stop laughing and i’ll try and come up with a sensible answer :laughing:

DAF XF 105.110 SUPERSPACE

A 105.110 Superspace■■?

Blimey,if I were you,I’d go for the Scania,if that’s the only option DAF will give you. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ken.

PS.Turn your caps lock off. :confused:

DAF - has loads of room and comfortable seats, good manual gearbox. But the DAF looks like something from the 90’s compared to Volvo and Scania.

I’d get a Scania because it drives better, but I don’t like the auto - why still have a clutch?

We run Volvo, Scania and DAF - Volvo are the most reliable.

Thai bride or Russian,tough call id appriciate some positive feed-back on this one guys!guys? guys! come on its geniune ask :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

chrisy boy:
Thai bride or Russian,tough call id appriciate some positive feed-back on this one guys!guys? guys! come on its geniune ask :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

… and indeed either of them would make a good, loyal, caring, loving wife as many, many, guys will attest to.
Although i have a big affinity with Thailand, the Russian/Ukranian maybe the better choice in the long run.

As for the OP, a 10 year old ERF twin splitter should be more than adequate to get you going.

When i started in 99, it was with an '85 Scania 112.

shaun0151:
I HAVE EVERYTHING IN PLACE TO START UP ON MY OWN THE BEGINNING OF NEXT YEAR. THE DILEMMA IS AND I KNOW IT IS A NICE ONE TO BE IN BUT I’M TORN BETWEEN EITHER,
1/ SCANIA TOPLINE 560 CLASSIC
2/ DAF XF 105.110 SUPERSPACE

If your buying you’re tying a hell of a lot of money up on a first truck.

If your leasing the first week in every month goes on the truck. (And don’t bother with the maintainence package, cheaper to pay as you go)

And you’re in deep do-do’s if (one of) your contract(s) goes belly up.

You’d be better off with something 5-7 years old initially and then trade up after a year or two. That way you can write down the depreciation on the old one and offset the spend on the new one against tax.

Stan

i was initially looking at second hand trucks, but my father in law who is starting me off wants me to get a brand new one, i think because of the added r&m package. and to be truthful if he wants to pay alot more for a new one aswell as ploughing money in for running cost’s then i’ve touched lucky and wo’nt be complaining. ,

this is my first day off all year and i’m bored stupid!!!

shaun0151:
i was initially looking at second hand trucks, but my father in law who is starting me off wants me to get a brand new one

Does your wife have a sister?? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

:smiley: The answer is obvious, but if you like Scanias you might not like the best instead.

Driveroneuk:

chrisy boy:

… and indeed either of them would make a good, loyal, caring, loving wife as many, many, guys will attest to.
Although i have a big affinity with Thailand, the Russian/Ukranian maybe the better choice in the long run.

As for the OP, a 10 year old ERF twin splitter should be more than adequate to get you going.

When i started in 99, it was with an '85 Scania 112.

yours for £2,501.00 :smiley:

EBAY

long link shortened…Denis F

take the father in laws cash, dump the wife, do a runner with the money, buy thai/russian bride, and retire to a far flung beach location asap.
well thats what I`d do … :wink:

tbh you must be crazy going O/O right now, especially with the rates and running cost as they are atm

other than that … why do you need so many scania donkeys?
seems a lot of donkeys if your only doing general haulage :confused: :confused:

I don’t wish to be rude but what exactly is your father in law hoping to get out of giving you an 80-90k wagon to play with? :open_mouth:

Does he read Commercial Motor? Particularly the ‘profit margin reports’ that regularly appear?

Not sniping just asking cos’ I’m a bit confused…

shaun0151:

WTD alert !!! Nurse ratchet, can you come through to the truck drivers interactive forum please !!!

Get a nice 420 Scania, Dont get a 480,

You will cope with ONLY 420 like 95% of the motors on the road,

You will save money on Adblue also as a 420 is EGR, and the fuel consumption will be better,

If you really want a 560 buy a 560 badge and put it on your 420, it will do the same job at the end of the day,

And unless you look under the cab 99% of the people looking at you motor wont know the difference, when its parked up, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Mmmmmmmmmm
delemma buy truck or thai bride with father in laws money
id buy the Thai bride,coz at least then youll know some scouser can`t nick the wheels off the thai bride while your fooling around with it

THERE ARE SOME THINGS MONEY CAN’T BUY. FOR EVERYTHING ELSE THERE’S MASTERCARD

Discopete:
If you really want a 560 buy a 560 badge and put it on your 420, it will do the same job at the end of the day,

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

People don’t really do that now do they Pete ■■ :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Mike-C:

shaun0151:

WTD alert !!! Nurse ratchet, can you come through to the truck drivers interactive forum please !!!

LOL :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

montana man:

Discopete:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

People don’t really do that now do they Pete ■■ :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Er no not at all, but i have seen a few scaina 640bhp’s around and the odd 740bhp I I know they dont make them, YET! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: