Scania vs DAF

youtube.com/watch?v=b7tupSdu … re=related

youtube.com/watch?v=jreAaDPO … re=related

:sunglasses: :sunglasses: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: :laughing:

see how the 620 scanny never made an appearance, hehe

Ive got this now 480 very nice motor, no complants from me about it

But if given the choice i`d go back to these over the Daf any day

All down to what you prefer both good motors, but its the Scania for me thanks :smiley:

Fair enough Niall, I’ve have the XF anyday. :smiley: :wink:

i’ll take scania topline over anything :smiley:

don’t mind, scania or daf both are better then the volvo i drive now.

Definately the XF for me, and the new 105’s are great.

Did i see a merc sail past :laughing:

105s crap the old xfs were better give me a scania any day :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

im a big fan of the mercs aswell!

but when it comes down to scania or daf…ill take the daf

Used to have an XF, both 95 and 105. Also had a shot of a Scania R500 for a fortnight when its usual driver was on holiday, and my wee Daffy was ill. Everyone raved about it and, although no doubting it is a quality motor, very comfy, nice to drive, I still preferred the XF.

Slightly off topic, I also preferred my 55 plate 95XF, to it’s replacement (07 plate 105…don’t really know why though :laughing: :laughing: )

Paul.

ellies dad:

An empty one.

Well i am driving a fully specced up topline at the moment,and it is rubbish!!! The only good thing about it is the fridge freezer under the bunk.

I had a xf super space cab befoe this job and i would have that over the scania anytime.

Both motors were/are the new shape models

DAF for me everytime. And thats from somebody who drives a R500 Topline. Great truck to drive but the living space is crap.

20 odd years driving hgvs and only ever spent a few days in an XF a few years ago, so can’t really comment on this particular model. The CF on the other hand is my pet hate for one simple reason. I can’t find a comfy driving position in this cab no matter how many adjustments I make. I can cope with a days work in a Scania P cab rather than a CF. Which I find pretty strange given I’m 6 ft 3 in tall !

DAFMAD:

ellies dad:

An empty one.

Hey, when you finally get a job in your cf outa space cab,come see me.I’ll be waitin at the top o the next hill :arrow_right: :arrow_right: :arrow_right: :arrow_right:

A 430 daf produces 1950nm of torque :blush: :blush:
A 380 scania pumps out 1900nm of torque :sunglasses:

ellies dad:

DAFMAD:

ellies dad:

An empty one.

Hey, when you finally get a job in your cf outa space cab,come see me.I’ll be waitin at the top o the next hill :arrow_right: :arrow_right: :arrow_right: :arrow_right:

Dafs cant handle weight, fact.

Dafs cant handle weight, fact

Nor could my old merc, all-be-it was an axor, but it would struggle when I had a weight on.
My Daf loses speed, but not as much.

ellies dad:

ellies dad:

DAFMAD:

ellies dad:

An empty one.

Dafs cant handle weight, fact.

Listen young man, you can keep your girlie over computerised U boat.

I don’t know and have not looked up any torque figures, but let me assure you that a 430 DAF would wipe the floor with a 380 Scania and a 420 too. :wink: :laughing: cos they’re both ■■■■■ engines.

i drive a 380 topliner 4 series and fully loaded im not far off on hills behind a daf 430. rather have a volvo over both though but between daf vs scania id have a daf any day :sunglasses: