Scania vs DAF

Hey Daf mad, heres a few facts

Daf 480hp - 2150nm :blush:
Daf 430hp - 1950nm :blush:

Scania 480hp (v8 2500nm) (6 cylinder euro 4 2400nm) (6 cylinder euro 5 2500nm)
Scania 420hp (2100nm)
scania 380hp(1900nm)

Marcedes 480hp (v8 2400nm) (v6 2300nm)
Mercedes 460hp (2200nm)
mercedes 440hp (2100nm)
mercedes 410hp (2000nm)

sorry to burst your bubble son, keep that mouth closed you’ll catch a chill.

yeah but my dads bigger than your dad :wink:

harey1983:
Used to have an XF, both 95 and 105. Also had a shot of a Scania R500 for a fortnight when its usual driver was on holiday, and my wee Daffy was ill. Everyone raved about it and, although no doubting it is a quality motor, very comfy, nice to drive, I still preferred the XF.

Slightly off topic, I also preferred my 55 plate 95XF, to it’s replacement (07 plate 105…don’t really know why though :laughing: :laughing: )

Paul.

Me too i would prefer a 95 to a 105 my 105 just seems plasticky and not very well built loads of really little things that bug me about it i know some of you will be thinking moaning git at least you have a decent truck, but i spend all week in it so it should ve perfect, better than the 85 pods we used tohave though

For me, it is…

…every time.

This is probably the nicest truck I’ve driven to date. Nothing else comes close in terms of comfort, power and sheer build quality. And I’ve driven most of what’s out there.

I could cope with a Scania, but would not be happy with a DAF.

That said, pay me £20 an hour and I’ll push the company wheelbarrow. Whoosh, gone, thank you very much!! :laughing:

sorry to burst your bubble son, keep that mouth closed you’ll catch a chill

Who do you think you’re talking to you girlie U boat lover.

Watch the vids again and see what whips what. :unamused:

I’ve whipped U Boats many I time, bloody rubbish. :unamused:

Just to annoy you even more Dafmad
ie.youtube.com/watch?v=3tzIKuvLb … re=related

DAFMAD:

ellies dad:

ellies dad:

DAFMAD:

ellies dad:
Did i see a merc sail past :laughing:

An empty one.

Hey, when you finally get a job in your cf outa space cab,come see me.I’ll be waitin at the top o the next hill :arrow_right: :arrow_right: :arrow_right: :arrow_right:

A 430 daf produces 1950nm of torque :blush: :blush:
A 380 scania pumps out 1900nm of torque :sunglasses:

Dafs cant handle weight, fact.

Listen young man, you can keep your girlie over computerised U boat.

I don’t know and have not looked up any torque figures, but let me assure you that a 430 DAF would wipe the floor with a 380 Scania and a 420 too. :wink: :laughing: cos they’re both [zb] engines.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Our 430 cf would never out pull our 440 & 460 mercs at full weight
and our old 420 Scanias would even show them the way to go, the 480 Dafs weve got now are nice motors with plenty of power but sorry they just dont seem to dig in and pull like the older Scania`s FACT :slight_smile:

Look what you could have
ie.youtube.com/watch?feature=rel … AWDf6EorDY

Our 430 cf would never out pull our 440 & 460 mercs at full weight

Try a 460 then.

personally i found both the xf’s and scanias that we run fine very well built and similar space inside but i would rather a Stralis for cab size found them much bigger

My 460 DAF 105 has plenty of torque, as much as that 480 Scanny that was mentioned. The cab is big, but the storage isn’t brilliant, lots of wasted corners volvo would have put a cubby-hole into.
Then again, so many people claim scania is the best of the best in wagons, which probably explains why I get this overwhelming sensation of being utterly underwhelmed whenever I get into one.
I live in a DAF105, and it’s a fine motor, with a lovely bunk, nice drive (would love a button to turn the torque down in the wet with an empty trl tho :laughing: )
Does anyone in europe make a motor that’s big enough to weekend in comfortably? Give me a volvo VN780 any day…

allikat:
My 460 DAF 105 has plenty of torque, as much as that 480 Scanny that was mentioned. The cab is big, but the storage isn’t brilliant, lots of wasted corners volvo would have put a cubby-hole into.
Then again, so many people claim scania is the best of the best in wagons, which probably explains why I get this overwhelming sensation of being utterly underwhelmed whenever I get into one.
I live in a DAF105, and it’s a fine motor, with a lovely bunk, nice drive (would love a button to turn the torque down in the wet with an empty trl tho :laughing: )
Does anyone in europe make a motor that’s big enough to weekend in comfortably? Give me a volvo VN780 any day…

hey we’re only winding dafmad mostly, but the older 430/480 's were a bit soft in fairness

Never drove the 95s, my only daft artic units have been 105s, and they have plenty of power. The electrics are as bad as always tho :laughing: this wagon’s eaten it’s second digi-tacho, and I had an old 55 while I was on for BT, same roundabout near Chatteris, week 1 clutch pipe broke, week 2 throttle cable snapped, week 3 (just up the road) the dropper went and took the radio with it…

if only the stralis had the quality of a scania or daf! and on the daf/scania thing,a daf ticks more boxes for me than a scania including out pulling one going up a hill.

If the Stralis had nicer switch gear, and a little bigger cab, it’d be very tempting, right now, the only motor that’d be tempting to try (other than a magnum) is the MAN TGX, that looks very nice inside.

Well 2 weeks ino driving my 85/480 spacecab and i find it very comfy, for me it’s a good driving position and i like the auto box and cruise.as for top speed and pulling power i don’t care cos i have plenty of time to do my job and its more relaxing driving at around 54 mph than chasing other trucks the interior is ok ,comfy bed ,reasonable storage etc. as with both motors they have good and bad points but would both benifit greatly if they had “proper” driver input during the design stage.

for me personally its daf, i think the last good scania was the 3 series, and they have got worse ever since, the latest ones are crap, although the v8s do sound superb!

as for mercedes, ellies dad, they aint for me, i agree that dafs dont seem to pull well, mine is a 430, but has never had to pull much weight about, currently its weighing around 30 tonnes and found the run run from holyhead a bit steep in places, but im not fussed about speed, i want comfort and storage, something mercedes to me lacks, and them gearboxes want throwing in the hedge, give me a simple manual box anyday!

just my 2ps worth