Scania Question

Hi, could anyone answer me this query, I’ve been sniffing around for a new tractor & have seen a Scania R500 V8 which is a 2005 & I assume its a Euro 3, I spend most of my time doing central London & it appears that Euro 3 isnt sufficent on emissions after Jan 2012, does anybody know of a retro fit particulate trap that will fit 1 of these & is acceptable to the LEZ gang? I know its a way off but I don’t change my motor very often but the time has come to get something a little newer & I quite fancy this truck.

Regards

Fly sheet

john have you got a buyer lined up for your old girl yet?

speak to Eminox in Stoke on Trent :wink:

germangeezer:
john have you got a buyer lined up for your old girl yet?

Hiya Geezer, I think it will be off to the sunshine. I’m only nosing around at the mo, my Volvo agents been closed & Scanias are near to our yard hence the change of brand but not sure what I’m doing just yet as the jobs not exactly sparkling at the mo. Are you keeping busy?

Regards

Fly sheet

shuttlespanker:
speak to Eminox in Stoke on Trent :wink:

Thanks for that Shuttlespanker I’ll give them a buzz see what they say.

Regards

Fly sheet

fly sheet:
Hi, could anyone answer me this query, I’ve been sniffing around for a new tractor & have seen a Scania R500 V8 which is a 2005 & I assume its a Euro 3, I spend most of my time doing central London & it appears that Euro 3 isnt sufficent on emissions after Jan 2012, does anybody know of a retro fit particulate trap that will fit 1 of these & is acceptable to the LEZ gang? I know its a way off but I don’t change my motor very often but the time has come to get something a little newer & I quite fancy this truck.

Regards

Fly sheet

Hi mate could you not see if there do the work in the price save you a few quid

fly sheet:

Regards

Fly sheet

ive got o5 xf 480 euro 3 spoke to eminox only last week bout this and its around the four grand mark to reto fit a filter for lez 2012 so shoud imagine its around the same for the scania

Blimey, Euro 3 motors are pretty clean as well. Say there might be a shortage of prada hand bags & tins of beans in posh town come 2012, only 2 years off now. Looks like you’d be better off just getting a euro 4 or 5 motor than messing with a retro fit.

no ■■■■ john! doing a bit of exporting down to albania, started with a few of my old tippers now they want a few machines, bought an fh12 460 on a 54 direct from volvo pretty low kms, its a nice little motor, the tippers are a waste of time now theres just nothing happening down here at the mo, didnt think id be heading down there again tho still its a bit of wages, pm me if ur selling the old girl ill see what i can get for it, regards paul

monarch of the highway:

fly sheet:

Regards

Fly sheet

ive got o5 xf 480 euro 3 spoke to eminox only last week bout this and its around the four grand mark to reto fit a filter for lez 2012 so shoud imagine its around the same for the scania

Cheers for that Monarch, I sort of found the same kind of thing by a firm in Germany called Twintec around the same price. 2012 is soon gonna be here so best be prepared eh?

Regards

Fly sheet

Silver_Surfer:
Blimey, Euro 3 motors are pretty clean as well. Say there might be a shortage of prada hand bags & tins of beans in posh town come 2012, only 2 years off now. Looks like you’d be better off just getting a euro 4 or 5 motor than messing with a retro fit.

I wish I had euro 5 money had a quote off Volvos nearly 90k for what I want! Think how many handbags I could buy for that! I hear what your saying though & retro fit might be a nuisance.

Fly sheet

germangeezer:
no [zb] john! doing a bit of exporting down to albania, started with a few of my old tippers now they want a few machines, bought an fh12 460 on a 54 direct from volvo pretty low kms, its a nice little motor, the tippers are a waste of time now theres just nothing happening down here at the mo, didnt think id be heading down there again tho still its a bit of wages, pm me if ur selling the old girl ill see what i can get for it, regards paul

Hiya Paul, never been to Albania myself are’nt I lucky! You going overland or by canoe? Have you got a semi behind your unit? Our jobs a bit up & down too but seem to just do enough each month, I’d probably burst into tears at the thought of going away for weeks on end but if thats what you’ve gotta do I guess your gonna have to grin & bare it eh? I’ve not been down that way since 2007, it costs a bloody fortune now does’nt it. When I’ve made my mind up I’ll let you know what I’m gonna do with it, I bought it in Denmark but the 1 I’ve found is in Holland & the euro pound things making this Scania seem dear & the FH has got a years LEZ on it again so no rushing for me.

Lets hope your dealings with the Albanians leads to something regular for you.

TTFN

!

yeh cheers john, dont know if it helps but theres a 56 plate fh 480 euro 4 on e bay at the mo im sure its an early 07 but not positive 350 kms all the bits on it i know he wanted 36k for it but its on now for 31 ono looks a real peach if i hadnt got the 460 i would have snapped it up still thats my luck at the moment! at euro 4 ur good till u retire i reckon ha ha, give it a quick look at under 30k thats a bargain, just let me know later about the old girl when ur ready should do better than the exporters and you can run it down for me so you still remember the way when we start going back over when the rates all go up when the tories get in! sorry nearly fell off me chair wiv laughter, the good old days hey, ill keep dreaming
regards paul.

germangeezer:
yeh cheers john, dont know if it helps but theres a 56 plate fh 480 euro 4 on e bay at the mo im sure its an early 07 but not positive 350 kms all the bits on it i know he wanted 36k for it but its on now for 31 ono looks a real peach if i hadnt got the 460 i would have snapped it up still thats my luck at the moment! at euro 4 ur good till u retire i reckon ha ha, give it a quick look at under 30k thats a bargain, just let me know later about the old girl when ur ready should do better than the exporters and you can run it down for me so you still remember the way when we start going back over when the rates all go up when the tories get in! sorry nearly fell off me chair wiv laughter, the good old days hey, ill keep dreaming
regards paul.

I can’t afford to retire until Euro 17!!! I’ll have a nosey on E-bay, problem is I’m a tad LHD friendly after 20 years in 1, everything over here is all midlift too which doe’nt blow my frock up. Lifes like that you buy something & hey presto something nicer comes along it happened vto me with a mountain bike a few months ago, I was pig sick with the 1 I bought & by the time I’d picked it up flea bay was full of better ones, so out of badness\stupidity I dug deep & got a brand new 1 & gave the old 1 to the wife, pity Scanias & Volvos are’nt mountain bike money!!

Yeah loads of work for away when the Tories where in power, that ■■■■ Blair put the old distance work on its arse for us lot good & proper, maybe if Cameron gets in it could be running money again!!! :smiley:

aint r500 ad blue

fly sheet:
I can’t afford to retire until Euro 17!!! I’ll have a nosey on E-bay, problem is I’m a tad LHD friendly after 20 years in 1, everything over here is all midlift too which doe’nt blow my frock up

you have PM flysheet

PM coming your way JJ

Fly sheet

germangeezer:
regards paul.

I’ve bought this Paul, lovely thing it really is, hope your well.
Fly sheet

another left ■■■■■■ looks a tidy piece of kit what gearbox has it got if the i shift you going to wish you changed sooner .

hope it all turns out well .

psv8:
another left ■■■■■■ looks a tidy piece of kit what gearbox has it got if the i shift you going to wish you changed sooner .

hope it all turns out well .

Having a cab on air plus air suspension will be enough for me to get used to without an auto box psv8, its got a 12 speed manual thanks!

Fly sheet