Scania engine spec

Hi
I’m pricing a new Scania at the moment and was wondering if some one could explain the difference between the R500 the R560 and the R630.
Obviously besides the 130 hp and the price.
Thanks

If its the V8 there all the same engine different power ratings, the more power they have the more money they will cost, yes it really i1s that simple

Ya it’s the v8 . Would I be as we’ll off with a 500 so and get it boosted to 560 or 630 as there is €3,500 for every jump up

If your spending 100k on a truck then buy the one you want , whats another 7 or 8 grand if your spending 100k anyway ■■ Find it a bit strange somoene would buy a top spec truck and not know what they are buying,

Would you not be better asking the salesman you’re dealing with,rather than coming on here and asking dumb,sorry,basic questions

Theres no such thing as a 630.

i think the cooling system is bigger on the 620

a 500 will not boost up to a 620

well, it would, but, it wouldn’t last very long :wink:

R500 is a 15.6L V8, R560 is basically a R500 with turbo compounding, R620 is different. Euro6 R520,R580 are the big banger 16.4L V8 like the R730.

^^^ think this is right.

They don’t make a 620 anymore next one up from the 580 is a 730. Can only get 730 with a auto box !!!

Derbyshire Foden:
They don’t make a 620 anymore next one up from the 580 is a 730. Can only get 730 with a auto box !!!

I was parked on the bay the other day and a Dutch 730 tag axle Scania come in all the bells and whistles and when I saw the driver get out i noticed it was a Manual
I asked the driver about it and he said it was a special option which cost him a extra €7000 euros he said the truck is mainly used on heavy haulage

Just got a new r580 with manual box to be fair not all cracked upto be but gaffer is power mad.

Had r420 before remaped to 500 and to be honest not much in it on the hills New truck pulled 60ft on my old one following me going up big hill at shap.

New one ain’t bedded in yet

The r420 was a very good truck with the remap to be fair if I was a operator wouldn’t be spending big v8 money even though this new one does sound well with the stacks getting on my ■■■■ already

GOG47:
Would you not be better asking the salesman you’re dealing with,rather than coming on here and asking dumb,sorry,basic questions

Why? That would spoil the whole ethos of trucknet. How else will he learn that someone has a mate that met a bloke in tesco that has a mate that works for a bloke who has remapped his 420 into 890,and that he gets paid 2 Grand a week to drive it. And it has a factory fitted tumble drier above the passenger seat?

More horses more hay. It’s simple lol

happysack:

GOG47:

Why? That would spoil the whole ethos of trucknet. How else will he learn that someone has a mate that met a bloke in tesco that has a mate that works for a bloke who has remapped his 420 into 890,and that he gets paid 2 Grand a week to drive it. And it has a factory fitted tumble drier above the passenger seat?

2 grand a week! I wouldn’t get out of bed for that,I’m a professional dontcha know! :laughing:

shuttlespanker:
i think the cooling system is bigger on the 620

a 500 will not boost up to a 620

well, it would, but, it wouldn’t last very long :wink:

500 can cope with 680hp all day long. There are lots of them running around here, many with over a million km on the odo. 500 is so detuned original that it need something done, if you listen to the engine original it sounds like something is missing but already moving the inlet temperature sensor will do a lot to improve horsepower since it use it to reach euro emissions. Higher inlet temp it will reduce fuel. Moving it out of the inlet on the will give a lot already in long hills.
Tuning a 620 will give it 720hp all day long and it really feels fun to drive after that :slight_smile: