Scania R series

Hi all yes its me again ! new topic I’m afraid there doesn’t seem too be a thread on the latest Scanias so come on lets have some pictures and stories on them . Tony

Could it because they are not yet “Old Time Lorries”?

The 4 Series dates back to 1995, so that may qualify. The last 144s were built in 2001 and the first 164s went out the gate in 2000, so I predict that, in years to come, this forum will be discussing the relative merits of the two engines.

Yes you are right that the R series is not an old lorry . But there are pictures on here of the new Volvo F H 's and they are brand new . So a few pictures of R. Series wouldn’t go a miss . Tony

cheers benkku

Here’s a picture of one of the first of 15 new Scanias in a total fleet replacement at Davies International Transport all LHD 480’s, we have run mostly Volvo in the last 20 years but problems with the latest ones and apathy from the dealer who don’t keep any spares nowadays prompted the change. We have run Scania in the past but mostly V8’s with which we had few problems, they used to be 10 grand dearer in those days but the gap has narrowed now so we will see how they do with auto gearboxes which I must say is very different kettle of fish to when I last drove, cheers Buzzer.

Here`s a Scania R Series for you , mercman 123.

A plain , but work-like , R Series , parked at Hawes Auction Mart last month.
No flash ,- just a proper earner for its owner.

Cheers , cattle wagon man.

An ex boss had 2 identical R series R500 tag axles, 1 from Holland and 1 from Sweden

BNZ98.jpg

from 'tinterweb

one of my favourite motors ever…

Heres a longline for you

Has anyone got any pics of inside a longline? I thought they wer just a photoshop job when I seen on google lol

There are plenty of interior pictures about online

Smoggie89:
Has anyone got any pics of inside a longline? I thought they wer just a photoshop job when I seen on google lol

Weird trailer lol good pics mate wher they taken ?

one off the web

scania_longline_2.jpg

SCT

Smoggie89:
Weird trailer lol good pics mate wher they taken ?

bma.finland:
cheers benkku

Nice picture Benkku keep up the good work . Tony

A Scania R Series belonging to Olivers` Transport of Kelso , in the Scottish borders , loading lambs at Hawes Auction Mart last month.
Always a cleanly-presented fleet.

WOW ,WHAT AN INTERIOR THAT LONGLINE HAS.AS GOOD AS A CAMPER.

I’m guessing the price of the longline is a main factor as to why you don’t see many over here? Or maybe because the boss doesn’t drive it , it’s not necessary lol, would be nice to have the extra room they look cool

Another Scania R Series , photographed being loaded with livestock at Longtown Auction Mart , ■■■■■■■ , last month.

You and me both Kindle, found this on web courtesy of Rick Groot

philberg182:
You and me both Kindle, found this on web courtesy of Rick Groot

homer3.jpg
gorgeous!