Scandal

Hungarian driver fined and imprisoned for drivers’ hours breaches
roadtransport.com/Articles/2 … -hours.htm

Only 4 days in prison? I guess that’s to make sure he gets some rest before he drives for another month without a break…
He should be deported and never allowed to drive on UK roads again.

Hardly crime of the century. :unamused: What a sad world it is that a driver can be sent to prison for petty rule breaks when real crims roam free. :smiling_imp:

I wonder how they found him out? :confused:

pavaroti:
I wonder how they found him out? :confused:

When stopped by officers from the Commercial Vehicle Unit (CVU) on the A55…

Martin:
Only 4 days in prison? I guess that’s to make sure he gets some rest before he drives for another month without a break…

Are you mad? What about the drivers 'uman roights?

Sod the rest of us.

It’s hardly a petty breach of the rules it’s freud like this that puts everyone’s life at risk not to mention keeping the wages down by being able undercut legal hauliers.

Just proves my point about running bent. It’s not worth the risk any more. They’re wise to it and I’m not getting banged up to keep the gaffer in new BMWs every 6 months :imp:

OVLOV JAY:
Just proves my point about running bent. It’s not worth the risk any more.

Even the gaffer with the new BMW wouldn’t be very pleased about this bit.
That’s his pocket, not the driver’s.

The driver’s 38-tonne truck, which had defective tyres, has now been forfeited

regards,
Nick

Martin:

If this bloke had got 6 months in prison people would have complained about us paying to keep him and looking after him :stuck_out_tongue:

I wonder if a lifetime ban would be as easily accepted by the many UK drivers who flout the laws abroad or at home.