4 1/2 years

7 year ban. take extended test. Oh and pay £100.00.
So out in 2, fly back to Skiland, buy a new passport and licence and come back here.
What about the 70 year old? and his family?

Thank god for the British justice system.

Yes I AM annoyed :imp: :imp: :imp:

SORRY forgot the link
dailymail.co.uk/news/article … d-van.html

OPPS I am an idiot :smiley: :smiley:

How is that justice■■? This world is getting worse each and everyday.

No mention of wether he was actually running bent in terms of hours or within the regs.Assuming the latter the obvious question then would be what caused the,judge’s findings of,‘lack of rest’. :bulb: :unamused:

Carryfast:
the obvious question then would be what caused the,judge’s findings of,‘lack of rest’. :bulb: :unamused:

The fact that the driver said he had fallen asleep? That’s normally a pretty good indicator…

Going rate…

:frowning:

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-ox … e-32331738

Roymondo:

Carryfast:
the obvious question then would be what caused the,judge’s findings of,‘lack of rest’. :bulb: :unamused:

The fact that the driver said he had fallen asleep? That’s normally a pretty good indicator…

No falling asleep can only possibly be the ‘symptom’,of the judges findings,of lack of rest,not ‘the cause’.Which then leaves the obvious question of ‘the cause’ assuming the combination of ‘lack of rest’ but within EU hours regs.IE the driver arguably being used as a scapegoat for possible failings in the EU hours regs regime. :bulb:

Oh FFS ! Regs or no regs, English regs, Belgian, French, or ■■■■■■■ Mongol, I know when I’m tired and so does everyone else. This prick shouldn’t have been driving. Period !!! Some poor bugger’s dead and this arse gets a short prison sentence and he’ll get his licence back in a few years too. Carryfast, sometimes I can see the logic in some of your arguments, but you do talk some real bollox in favour of some ■■■■■■■ weird idea that everything that ever happens is down to some EU rule or regulation. Why don’t you just give it up now and again and accept that people ■■■■ up sometimes with no help whatsoever from the ■■■■■■■ EU. :imp:

A stark reminder how little value the system puts on a life and life continues to get cheaper and cheaper. Just seen an episode of the Met where a young lad was stabbed and killed over £90 which he had paid for a bike he never received. His assailant who had arranged to meet him to give him his money back stabbed him 7 times for which he received 13 years absolutely appalling.

peterm:
Oh FFS ! Regs or no regs, English regs, Belgian, French, or [zb] Mongol, I know when I’m tired and so does everyone else. This prick shouldn’t have been driving. Period !!!

My point was the question of what happens at that point assuming anyone hasn’t maxed out their hours. :bulb:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=127048&hilit=reduced+daily=rest